Current time: 16/04/2024, 17:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2016 World Snooker Championship
2016 World Snooker Championship
Absolutely fantastic tournament this year - tonight Alan McManus came from 9-11 behind against John Higgins and won four consecutive frames to win 13-11 and very deservedly became the oldest player ever (45 years old) to reach the World Snooker Championship semi final. In tonight's other game Barry Hawkins did extremely well to come back from 1-9 down at the start of play this evening but sadly it wasn't enough to get through as in the end Marco Fu triumphed 13-11 to book his place in the semi finals

Quarter final results:

Alan McManus 13-11 John Higgins
Ding Junhui 13-3 Mark Williams
Marco Fu 13-11 Barry Hawkins
Kyren Wilson 8-13 Mark Selby

This year's semi finals are:

Alan McManus vs Ding Junhui
Marco Fu vs Mark Selby
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: 2016 World Snooker Championship
(27/04/2016 21:42)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  Absolutely fantastic tournament this year - tonight Alan McManus came from 9-11 behind against John Higgins and won four consecutive frames to win 13-11 and very deservedly became the oldest player ever (45 years old) to reach the World Snooker Championship semi final. In tonight's other game Barry Hawkins did extremely well to come back from 1-9 down at the start of play this evening but sadly it wasn't enough to get through as in the end Marco Fu triumphed 13-11 to book his place in the semi finals

Quarter final results:

Alan McManus 13-11 John Higgins
Ding Junhui 13-3 Mark Williams
Marco Fu 13-11 Barry Hawkins
Kyren Wilson 8-13 Mark Selby

This year's semi finals are:

Alan McManus vs Ding Junhui
Marco Fu vs Mark Selby
Pity that Barry Hawkins missed out. I thoroughly enjoyed him and O'sullivan play.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(27/04/2016 22:55)RedPanda Wrote:  Pity that Barry Hawkins missed out. I thoroughly enjoyed him and O'sullivan play.

It is a shame I agree. The Barry Hawkins vs Ronnie O'Sullivan match was one of the best games of the tournament in my opinion

My favourite so far has to be the Alan McManus vs John Higgins match which was an absolute pleasure to watch
I got a feeling Ding Junhui could win, I been watching him play recently and been impressed

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(27/04/2016 23:50)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  It is a shame I agree. The Barry Hawkins vs Ronnie O'Sullivan match was one of the best games of the tournament in my opinion

My favourite so far has to be the Alan McManus vs John Higgins match which was an absolute pleasure to watch
Managed to watch a few frames of them on the red button or channel 601 on freeview
Ding Junhui is in the 2016 World Snooker Championship final after a 17-11 victory over Alan McManus

Despite not making the final McManus has to be player of the tournament for me. He's shown that even in your mid 40s you can still play outstanding snooker at the top level
(30/04/2016 17:24)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  Ding Junhui is in the 2016 World Snooker Championship final after a 17-11 victory over Alan McManus

Despite not making the final McManus has to be player of the tournament for me. He's shown that even in your mid 40s you can still play outstanding snooker at the top level

Some fantastic potting from Ding, a fantastic semi final but I must say I had doubts for McManus going through to the final
I am wondering which one of Selby or Fu is going to get through to play Ding .

The Selby - Fu match has broken one piece of Crucible History this afternoon , the longest frame of snooker at the world championship 76 minutes and 11 seconds. To be honest both looked so nervous that it could be a long evening session.

The frame lasted that long that the afternoon session started late at 1507hrs .
(30/04/2016 18:43)wirralbus Wrote:  I am wondering which one of Selby or Fu is going to get through to play Ding .

The Selby - Fu match has broken one piece of Crucible History this afternoon , the longest frame of snooker at the world championship 76 minutes and 11 seconds. To be honest both looked so nervous that it could be a long evening session.

The frame lasted that long that the afternoon session started late at 1507hrs .

Try and see if you can see Marco Fu's finger touch a red as he takes a shot on the 27th frame (13 all) if you can find it on iplayer or youtube
A cracking final! Just ended over a handshake but I won't spoil it for those who hasn't the watched game
Thoroughly enjoyable couple of weeks

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)