Current time: 28/03/2024, 19:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hattons Model Shop
Hattons Model Shop
Noticed Hattons have closed their store on Allerton Road (Liverpool) meaning should anyone want to shop there they need to go to Widnes, I know you can shop online but am sure a lot of people would much rather go to the shop in person and browse

Does anyone know why the shop has closed?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Hattons Model Shop
(11/02/2016 15:59)T42 PVM Wrote:  Noticed Hattons have closed their store on Allerton Road (Liverpool) meaning should anyone want to shop there they need to go to Widnes, I know you can shop online but am sure a lot of people would much rather go to the shop in person and browse

Running costs I'd guess.
When did it close? I passed the shop on a Sunday dinnertime in early January and again about a week later I think it was closed then.
(11/02/2016 19:46)RedPanda Wrote:  Running costs I'd guess.
When did it close? I passed the shop on a Sunday dinnertime in early January and again about a week later I think it was closed then.

This is part of a longer-term plan which has been brought forward due to the condition of the building being found to be worse than first anticipated

More info at
http://www.ehattons.com/store
Find all posts by this user
(11/02/2016 20:30)N301 CKB Wrote:  This is part of a longer-term plan which has been brought forward due to the condition of the building being found to be worse than first anticipated

More info at
http://www.ehattons.com/store

Its not good to get to if your on the bus, its at the bottom of Knowsley Express way and no buses stop on the site. I did a course there and it cost me a bomb in taxi fares. A half an hour walk is the only other option through some long grass and steep slopes.
(11/02/2016 15:59)T42 PVM Wrote:  Noticed Hattons have closed their store on Allerton Road (Liverpool) meaning should anyone want to shop there they need to go to Widnes, I know you can shop online but am sure a lot of people would much rather go to the shop in person and browse

It was on Smithtown Road actually!

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(09/03/2016 07:33)childwallblues Wrote:  It was on Smithtown Road actually!

I meant if your going by public transport to the new shop it's not an ideal location. However parking was an issue when it was on Smithdown Road with it being a high rental area and there being many takeaways along the road itself. Can't please everyone.
Red Pandas comment is correct although I would disagree with it being a high rental area. However Hattons over the years has grown out of being a local business into being a national/international business and probably make most of their money that way.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)