Current time: 19/04/2024, 23:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Link Network (MD Bus & Coach)
RE: Limos North West
The trip from Widnes Green Oaks towards Warrington at 0933 might get a regular crowd of pass-holders in time perhaps.
A bit like the old Merseypride 82B which seemed to get a few committed regulars, despite Arriva running a much more frequent service on the 82A.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(27/01/2016 19:11)Valandil Wrote:  The trip from Widnes Green Oaks towards Warrington at 0933 might get a regular crowd of pass-holders in time perhaps.
A bit like the old Merseypride 82B which seemed to get a few committed regulars, despite Arriva running a much more frequent service on the 82A.

Maybe if they ran a service that turned up it could do well

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(27/01/2016 23:01)T42 PVM Wrote:  Maybe if they ran a service that turned up it could do well

They have probably already worked out which trips actually pick anybody up and are just running them trips - a bit like Catch22/red rocket lol.

I find it quite apt that Fairbrothers operate some kind of bus ticket lottery system where in weekly draws passegers win free bus travel - but it's a lottery in it's self waiting to see if the bus actually turns up
The problem they will have is that the majority of 110 passengers have weekly tickets or day tickets. I've noticed very quiet runnings thus far but It takes time to establish itself. And I believe the Fairbrothers weekly lotto stopped sometime ago?
(28/01/2016 11:58)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  The problem they will have is that the majority of 110 passengers have weekly tickets or day tickets. I've noticed very quiet runnings thus far but It takes time to establish itself. And I believe the Fairbrothers weekly lotto stopped sometime ago?

Arh well it shows how out of date thier website is then.
The problem is when a new operator or even an existing operator is trying to establish a new service it's very important that the first impression not just in regards to appearance but also punctuality and reliability. If they decide to start dropping journeys for no reason on a regular basis this is going to put people off switching to them even if thier cheaper.
Agree totally Mayneway
I can't really see this service attracting anything more than pass holders in the short term. As has been already stated many people will already have passes for Arriva's services. It's unlikely that it will be used by many commuters over Arriva's 110 as the vast majority of people who board the 110 in Widnes town centre are simply swapping off a 79c or 82a and will already have a day ticket before hand. IMO the Widnes-Penketh section will never attract anything more than pass holders as it doesn't really pass any major contributions where passengers are likely to board or alight. Halton view would be the exception but anyone who is young and able bodied would simply just take the 10 minute walk as apposed to shelling out for a bus ticket.
(27/01/2016 20:27)Dentonian Wrote:  I assume its only because of NW's own behaviour (including refusing to stock other Operator's Bus Timetables), that their Lawyer's have decided not to pursue claims of "passing off" against GHA and now this company.

Why should Arriva stock timetables of other operators, Halton and Stagecoach also would not have them
Would you go in Tesco and expect them to have details of offers in Asda. or Easy Jet showing offers on Ryan Air,
That reminds me, The Timetable for this 110 is different in the travel centre than the one on the company website, only by a few mins but still a joke if am honest

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(28/01/2016 19:59)T42 PVM Wrote:  That reminds me, The Timetable for this 110 is different in the travel centre than the one on the company website, only by a few mins but still a joke if am honest

Just taken from the Halton Council website

http://www3.halton.gov.uk/Pages/publictr...e110MD.pdf

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)