Current time: 24/04/2024, 05:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bolton Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bolton Depot
4180 is of on loan to Wrexham Tomorrow!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Shame if Arriva hadn't bought Bluebus they would have been a far better purchase for Diamond (Pre Arriva Massacre) than SLT! 3 Depots Appley Bridge Bolton and Manchester with contracts and tender wins across GM Diamond could have been a real competitor in West Manchester

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
Find all posts by this user
I find it a shame what Arriva have done to Bolton Depot as over the years we've seen various service cuts and no some services don't run alltogether, I mentioned this to a good friend of miine the other week and told him about what services used to operate from Bolton Depot and what don't now.

Going back about 5 years or maybe less (not to sure) Bolton used to have quite a number of late turns which used to be staff by an extremely friendly set of drivers who would do the same late duty from what I remember week in week out and passengers would get to know who their regualr driver was and the driver would know where to drop them off as well, me and and a driver friend of mine who used to do late 362s used to always have a laugh with the late crew especially when we got back to Bolton Depot at night and now Bolton's late turns have been drastically cut from what they used to be.

Also some of the daytime routes that used to operate weren't bad either for example the Daisy Hill Circulars which Roger Jarivs set up when he used to be Bluebus, covering parts of Daisy Hill and Westhoughton that as far as I know dont get a bus service now.
From 1st September Bolton Depot will only have the following left:

10 Manchester - Brookhouse Estate (Commercial)
362 Wigan - Chorley (Commercial)
484 Eccels - Whitefield/Prestwich (Mon - Sat Daytime Tender)
494 Bury - Fern Grove (Sunday Daytime TFGM Tendered)
510 Bolton - Bury (Sunday Daytime TFGM Tendered)
525 Bolton - Astley Bridge (Sunday Day and Evening TFGM Tendered)
527 Bolton - Smithills Hall (Sunday Day and Evening TFGM Tendered)
534 Bolton - Oldhams Estate (Mon - Sat Daytimes on Commercial Basis and all Sunday day and evening TFGM Tendered)
538 Bolton - Dunscar (Evening and Sunday TFGM Tender)
541 Bolton - Toppings Estate (Mon - Sat Commercial)
575 Bolton - Wigan (Mon - Sat Commercial Sundays part Tendered)
715 Bolton - Westhoughton (Mon - Say Daytime Commercial)

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
(04/08/2015 13:12)bolton bus basher Wrote:  From 1st September Bolton Depot will only have the following left:

10 Manchester - Brookhouse Estate (Commercial)
362 Wigan - Chorley (Commercial)
484 Eccels - Whitefield/Prestwich (Mon - Sat Daytime Tender)
494 Bury - Fern Grove (Sunday Daytime TFGM Tendered)
510 Bolton - Bury (Sunday Daytime TFGM Tendered)
525 Bolton - Astley Bridge (Sunday Day and Evening TFGM Tendered)
527 Bolton - Smithills Hall (Sunday Day and Evening TFGM Tendered)
534 Bolton - Oldhams Estate (Mon - Sat Daytimes on Commercial Basis and all Sunday day and evening TFGM Tendered)
538 Bolton - Dunscar (Evening and Sunday TFGM Tender)
575 Bolton - Wigan (Mon - Sat Commercial Sundays part Tendered)
715 Bolton - Westhoughton (Mon - Say Daytime Commercial)

Is the 541 getting cut too BBB??
(04/08/2015 14:39)SandyDrew Wrote:  Is the 541 getting cut too BBB??

Sorry no, must of cut it out by mistake, List corrected!

August changes listed on TfGM website. Confirmation of Arriva's 715 service being curtailed to run between Bolton and Westhoughton. Website lists 'some journeys withdrawn' on the 535 and 537, while the 538 change will see the 0950 Sunday journey re-timed.

http://www.tfgm.com/buses/Pages/service_changes.aspx
(07/08/2015 20:05)Dentonian Wrote:  I believe tenders for partial replacement of 535/537 are being evaluated.

Just noticed that the news about the 535 and 537 is actually on the TfGM home page, which conflicts the Service Changes page.

TfGM says that UK Coachways will operate the services during the off-peak period. Going off Traveline, Arriva will carrying on operating the last weekday afternoon journey on the 535 (1710 from Bolton, 1740 from Belmont). Unable to check Saturday journeys yet, as the Journey Planner doesn't go that far yet.

http://www.tfgm.com/Corporate/media_cent...icleId=741
(07/08/2015 19:18)SF07 Wrote:  August changes listed on TfGM website. Confirmation of Arriva's 715 service being curtailed to run between Bolton and Westhoughton. Website lists 'some journeys withdrawn' on the 535 and 537, while the 538 change will see the 0950 Sunday journey re-timed.

http://www.tfgm.com/buses/Pages/service_changes.aspx

Would this mean hourly services between Bolton and Wigan for S1 users?
If your going from Bolton - Wigan you also have the 540 and 575 Services as well

I was always shocked the 535 had lasted for so long as its loadings after Blackburn Road was poor to say the least, As for the 537 that start becoming unpopular with Passengers when it was re-routed away from Bromley Cross plus the regular route/timetable changes to the service where a joke, how is someone meant to get used to a service that is forever changing!

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)