Current time: 29/03/2024, 10:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Christmas TV 2015
Christmas TV 2015
Christmas TV is often a bore endless repeats of stuff thats on throughout the year. I've made this thread so the repeats and the endless cooking programs can be filterd from the new stuff.
There's an advert on BBC 1 with a sprout that looks ok and I think will be one for the kids. Theres a second episode I think of Professer Brainstorm on the BBC (first episode was shown on Christmas Day last year).
Peter Kay id making a comeback as I've seen an advert for Christmas TV and it appears he's in an interview or something in a theatre. After his success of his car share earlier on this year, I hope he doesn't appear in a p*ss stained shirt.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Christmas TV 2015
Some of the repeats do grate, especially the films, but I used to enjoy the Wallace & Gromit episodes that BBC always seemed to show around Christmas. Still, anything's better than the Queen's Message!
Find all posts by this user
(11/12/2015 23:45)507009 Wrote:  Some of the repeats do grate, especially the films, but I used to enjoy the Wallace & Gromit episodes that BBC always seemed to show around Christmas. Still, anything's better than the Queen's Message!

The cooking programs after you've had your Christmas dinners lol
The one thing that I always enjoy is seeing which of the main channels wins the much vaunted Christmas ratings war .

As such I cant say yet which side will be the winner as I have yet to see the line up. Once you see the line up you can then decide which way its going to go.
(13/12/2015 14:45)wirralbus Wrote:  The one thing that I always enjoy is seeing which of the main channels wins the much vaunted Christmas ratings war .

As such I cant say yet which side will be the winner as I have yet to see the line up. Once you see the line up you can then decide which way its going to go.

BBC One/Two looks good and as for ITV and Sky I've not seen anything that they have lined up
(13/12/2015 16:30)RedPanda Wrote:  BBC One/Two looks good and as for ITV and Sky I've not seen anything that they have lined up

In the last decade i think ITV have only really come up trumps once or twice , it seems the BBC just find some trump cards , pardon the pun.
(13/12/2015 19:28)wirralbus Wrote:  In the last decade i think ITV have only really come up trumps once or twice , it seems the BBC just find some trump cards , pardon the pun.
To me the main two are absolutely rubbish,full of "soaps" and repeats as usual these days
Itv do have Downton Abbey on xmas day if you like that sort of thing,planners should be
ashamed of themselves.May be the older generation were spoilt going back over the decades
before the arrival of sky etc,when the tv used to be very good over the holiday period

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
The problem is television tastes can never suit everybody .

At Christmas there is usually a lot more people than at any other time of the year clustered around the TV in some households.

Some people these days cant stand repeats , to some that's the part of the tv experience they like to see is the repeats of the classic tv shows as well as some newer shows.
(14/12/2015 06:55)wirralbus Wrote:  The problem is television tastes can never suit everybody .

At Christmas there is usually a lot more people than at any other time of the year clustered around the TV in some households.

Some people these days cant stand repeats , to some that's the part of the tv experience they like to see is the repeats of the classic tv shows as well as some newer shows.

I for one can't stand repeats where its on every week, shows like Top Gear on Dave its just the Christmas specials every year and the more recent the series, I'd say the more staged and scripted the episodes are. I have started watching the older episodes (2003-2008) online as its far more entertaining and you get the deleted stuff that Dave don't show. Is Back To The Future on again? It was October when it was Back to the Future day.
The one exception on repeats I can make is Wallace and Gromit as its only on at Christmas.

Talent shows and talentless shows end up with somebody I've never heard of and I'll always ask 'who?' Some people do like them as the viewer can be in and upto date with modern music (modern din) and I suppose its the same with Strictly Come Dancing, its either a celebrity that's promoting something or they're only in there because they are some footballer's cousin's old school friend.

I know there has to be a mix of family, kids and adult programs on each channel being mindful of the watershed.
You know what your getting on those Satellite and Cable Channels , its just like a catch up channel over a longer phase.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)