Current time: 24/04/2024, 07:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

National Express Coach Station in Liverpool to close
RE: National Express Coach Station in Liverpool to close
(02/01/2016 21:45)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Some Arriva buses going to Liverpool One are now going to drop people off outside Tesco and no longer take them into Liverpool One bus station. This may be to reduce overcrowding or bus dwell time when NatEx coaches are present.
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-west/u...uary-2016/

I do think its silly if you was going to use Liverpool One as a bus station it was designed for , buses should be allowed to drop off passengers in the bus station as well as pick up. National express should just be forced to use somewhere else in Liverpool City Centre.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/01/2016 22:25)wirralbus Wrote:  I do think its silly if you was going to use Liverpool One as a bus station it was designed for , buses should be allowed to drop off passengers in the bus station as well as pick up. National express should just be forced to use somewhere else in Liverpool City Centre.

Quite agree, Feels like Merseytravel are bending over backwards for National Express here

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Cause merseytravel will be getting paid off nat express for them using bus stands etc so they will wanna keep them sweet.
I will be interested to see how the first few days goes and reserve judgement , don't forget buses don't use side lockers , but coaches do , so they will be slightly further out to accommodate them , probably an insignificant item.
(03/01/2016 08:26)wirralbus Wrote:  I will be interested to see how the first few days goes and reserve judgement , don't forget buses don't use side lockers , but coaches do , so they will be slightly further out to accommodate them , probably an insignificant item.

According to megabus.com, Megabus has used stand 1 at Liverpool One since 7th October 2013, and will just be changing to stand 6 on 11th January 2016, so there is a precedent there.
It's not been very well thought through. As a driver who drives Nat Ex coaches is been a bit of a faff really..will be intersting to see the passenger loads and driver feedback etc when up and running
Nat Ex have also been allocated some spaces in the layover at L1 and have been told there will be Nat Ex staff in the Travel Centre and that it will be open longer hours.
Atleast the bus station is being used! If you compare the current number of services that call at the Current Liverpool ONE BS to the old Paradise Street BS in their current form it's nowhere near marginal. However I'm not sure the layover space would be sufficient if it operated as planned.
Liverpool ONE opened in 2005 and was planned to be the terminus of most city services including those that are now operated by Stagecoach on the North Liverpool Corridor. The actual amount of services on opening day was 153 (including variations)! You could actually condense the amount of services calling here over 5 stands instead of the current operational 6. (Not Including stand 6 which now hosts the 500 instead of 8).

For example (with A-E being used in place of actual stand numbers):
Stand A - Speke QBP and 82A
Stand B - Garston QBP
Stand C - Princess Park South Liverpool Services including 27
Stand D - Express Services X1/500, Citylink
Stand E - Queen Square calling services including 26
The assumption would also be that evening and sunday service would be filtered in.
How many now use the bus station ?
(03/01/2016 20:55)wirralbus Wrote:  How many now use the bus station ?

I spoke to a relative of mine yesterday who drives out of Speke depot. He primarily does lates and said that even in the evenings the introduction of Nat Ex services has really screwed up Liverpool One bus movement. Also, the late night Megabus to London, being 15 metres long, can often delay departures of local service buses. Has anyone else any similar observations as to how the new set-up is working out?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)