Current time: 25/04/2024, 13:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Christmas and New Year Bus Services
RE: Christmas and New Year Bus Services
(23/11/2015 19:47)SF07 Wrote:  Arriva's Christmas service details now on their website. Special timetables on Boxing Day and New Years Day on services 10A, 10B, 12, 14, 15, 18, 26, 27, 31, 32, 34, 35, 43, 44, 46, 47, 49, 52A, 53, 55, 75, 79, 81, 82, 86/86A, 89, 320, 410, 423, 432, 437, 464, 471/472, 500 and PR1 in Merseyside and on Boxing Day only on services 18A, 245, 247 and 320 in Greater Manchester.

Arrangements for the 471/472 are interesting, with most -- but not all -- journeys being 471 in one direction but 472 in the other.
Also nice how they have sometimes left the 'bus number' on so we can get an insight into logistical arrangements Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/11/2015 01:24)T42 PVM Wrote:  I think i just spotted a mistake on Arriva's Boxing Day Timetables, no 13 Service and the 12 is running at the same Frequency as last year (Both Services really struggled as it was)

On a better note i notice some North Liverpool routes have earlier Buses this year as well!

Arriva have now confirmed the 13 Timetable is missing from the list

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(24/11/2015 09:17)Valandil Wrote:  Arrangements for the 471/472 are interesting, with most -- but not all -- journeys being 471 in one direction but 472 in the other.
Also nice how they have sometimes left the 'bus number' on so we can get an insight into logistical arrangements Smile

You will find that the services in the opposite direction on the same route will be provided by Stagecoach Merseyside as part of the QBP
(24/11/2015 01:24)T42 PVM Wrote:  I think i just spotted a mistake on Arriva's Boxing Day Timetables, no 13 Service and the 12 is running at the same Frequency as last year (Both Services really struggled as it was)

On a better note i notice some North Liverpool routes have earlier Buses this year as well!

As I posted earlier, now that Green Lane has a large numbers of new deckers since last year this should help with capacity issues. Also, it is nice to see that many routes have an earlier start. No doubt the people who have to work on Boxing Day will benefit from this. The very early starts of the 500 is interesting. Is this the same as last year?
(24/11/2015 10:22)Barney Wrote:  As I posted earlier, now that Green Lane has a large numbers of new deckers since last year this should help with capacity issues. Also, it is nice to see that many routes have an earlier start. No doubt the people who have to work on Boxing Day will benefit from this. The very early starts of the 500 is interesting. Is this the same as last year?

The 500 Always runs to its normal Timetable, Even when it used to run late

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
RE: Christmas and new year bus services
(21/11/2015 14:54)wirralbus Wrote:  Beg to differ with regards Boxing Day merseyrail have been advertising limited services this year on the Northern and Wirral Lines with limited station openings .

Hmm, my thinking can be somewhat Manchester centric at times, I can assure you that although Metrolink *will* also be running, Northern Rail, Transpennine, East Midlands, Arriva Trains Wales, Cross Country and Virgin won't!
Just to confirm, Christmas Day the following free bus services will be operated for Merseytravel by Stagecoach Gillmoss.

10X (Liverpool - St Helens)
12X (Liverpool - Huyton)
21X (Liverpool - Kirkby)
44X (Formby - Crossens)
62X (Fazakerley Hospital - Crosby)
102X (Fazakerley Hospital - Broadgreen Hospital)
110X (New Brighton - Clatterbridge Hospital)
118X (Mill Park - New Brighton)
194X (St Helens Circular)
195X (St Helens Circular)
201X (Liverpool - Speke Morrisons)

Should be a total of 18 buses out to cover these, 201X & 12X will interwork, as will 102X & 62X.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(24/11/2015 15:00)buses7675 Wrote:  Just to confirm, Christmas Day the following free bus services will be operated for Merseytravel by Stagecoach Gillmoss.

12X (Liverpool - Huyton)
21X (Liverpool - Kirkby)
44X (Formby - Crossens)

Should be a total of 18 buses out to cover these, 201X & 12X will interwork, as will 102X & 62X.

110X/118X will be operated by Rock Ferry drivers but Gillmoss Buse

No timetables as yet afaik for Christmas Day
(24/11/2015 15:00)buses7675 Wrote:  Just to confirm, Christmas Day the following free bus services will be operated for Merseytravel by Stagecoach Gillmoss.

12X (Liverpool - Huyton)
21X (Liverpool - Kirkby)
44X (Formby - Crossens)

These Christmas day services are these drivers that have volunteered for these services .
They are asking for volunteers at the moment, with the exception of 10X (which is a 10A really) and 21X (mix of 20 and 21 I think) they aren't usual Stagecoach routes so they'll need people who know the routes or who are willing to learn in time - my name is in the hat anyway!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)