Current time: 16/04/2024, 13:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Isle of Man Steam Packet Company
RE: Isle of Man Steam Packet Company
Seems this vessel Manannan was suffering problems earlier in the weekend at Liverpool and left considerably late .

It seems that the vessels must have got considerabley worse for them to pull the plug and to try and sort the problem out .

Its now putting the rest of the companies sailing under a lot of strain , so early in the season , I think the company though is relieved that it happened now and not in the TT season.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
MV Arrow has been brought back to operate the freight sailing between Douglas and Heysham, this is to create more space on the Ben-My-Chree.

Also the company has managed to get P&O's Express on charter for the morning, It will operate one trip to Douglas and back to Larne for the passengers that should have been on the Douglas - Belfast sailing. A coach will transfer the foot passengers between Larne and Belfast. A coach is also operating between Heysham and Liverpool for the people having to use the Ben.

Not sure how long the Manannan will be off, but she is certainly causing a headache for a lot of people.

It seems the IOMSP is doing everything it can.
Just a blessing it happened now and not during the busy TT period , where it would have been a major headache .
There hoping to have the Manannan back in operation for Saturday but that will is dependent on the repairs being completed on Friday .
Fast ferry Manannan hit the Victoria Pier on 23 March and has been out of service since then. Damage was sufficient for the ferry to require a visit to drydock and the vessel is currently at Cammell Laird. She was due back in service today but it is understood that repairs are not yet complete.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Ben my Chree paid a visit to Cammell Lairds on Tuesday as she had a problem with a propeller vibration. She returned to service yesterday.

The Isle of Man Steam Packet Company has announced today their plan to procure two brand new vessels - a conventional vessel and a high speed craft - by 2023

The new vessels will be replacements for Ben-my-Chree and Manannan with the former due to be retained as a back up vessel and for extra capacity
The Isle of Man Government has agreed a £124m deal to purchase the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company. It will now be presented to Tynwald for approval at their next sitting (May 15th)

More here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-i...n-44038766
The Isle of Man Government has voted to purchase the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company

More here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-i...n-44129341
1. Has the sale to the Manx Government gone ahead yet?
2. Are/were the current owners still the Australian McQuarrie Bank?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)