Current time: 24/04/2024, 08:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverpool Night Buses Christmas 2015
RE: Liverpool Night Buses Crimbo 2015
(25/09/2015 21:37)SNL 824 Wrote:  That 1 service just doesn't make sense

Just suppose it's running as no
Other tunnel routes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/09/2015 21:37)SNL 824 Wrote:  That 1 service just doesn't make sense

I agree. There is no history of night buses on the Chester-Liverpool service and I suspect this will run empty for most of the route.

On the other hand routes which did have night buses in the past have not been re-instated for the Christmas period. I'm thinking particularly of the 20 (Kirkby), 55 (Netherton), 75 (Hunts Cross),79 (Netherley), 350 (Maghull), 432 (New Brighton). During Mon-Sat daytime operation these areas benefit from high-frequency bus services of at least every five minutes and/or Merseyrail connections. Also, the decision to terminate the 53 at Waterloo rather than Crosby is very strange, a bit like getting off the London train at Edge Hill if you know what I mean. I know the night bus services declined for several reasons but in the lead-up to Christmas they were always popular and bursting at the seams. Surely, the people responsible realise that a skeleton services pleases nobody and piecemeal measures are bound to fail.
I disagree there .

If you put forward that argument we would never have any new versions of night bus services.

Stagecoach must think there is a market for this otherwise they wouldn't have put this forward as a service.
(26/09/2015 13:59)wirralbus Wrote:  I disagree there .

If you put forward that argument we would never have any new versions of night bus services.

Stagecoach must think there is a market for this otherwise they wouldn't have put this forward as a service.

Probably to make them look good as the route goes gold mid November.. I can't see it being busy past birkenhead, if that.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Unless a lot of Advertisement is used I can see this failing with the start points being all wrong, Forum Member Enviro400 summed this up perfectly!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I agree with the starting points , for safety and security of the operation it really needs to be in one location for ease of marshalling , as last year the first one will always be quiet and get busier as you get closer to the big day.
I don't understand why they run the night versions as totally different services, it seems that once an 'N' is prefixed to a normal service number everything goes mental and the night service resembles only little of its daytime equivalent. Merseytravel and the operators need to start thinking about running these as extensions of the daytime services; ie, same generate route, unless extrapolated back to a common origin (as I mentioned earlier), a two-direction service, inclusion of the timetable on bus-stop timetables in both directions and a frequency of at least 2-an-hour, so it has some presence on the roads for people to see and so it is worthwhile waiting around for.

I believe these are the fundamentals for making the nightbuses work, and I really hope that they make more of an effort than just operating these services this year, and I hope that if anybody from Arriva, Stagecoach & Merseytravel is reading this, that they take on board the comments and thoughts on this forum and work with each other to pull this off.
I think the N should be used as there is differences to Services like the start/end points and Cash fares only meaning no Multi Ticket is Not valid, Still think the starting points are a joke tho

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(27/09/2015 23:15)T42 PVM Wrote:  I think the N should be used as there is differences to Services like the start/end points and Cash fares only meaning no Multi Ticket is valid, Still think the starting points are a joke tho

I agree that the N should be used, but that's the only difference there should be in my opinion.
(26/09/2015 16:28)wirralbus Wrote:  I agree with the starting points , for safety and security of the operation it really needs to be in one location for ease of marshalling , as last year the first one will always be quiet and get busier as you get closer to the big day.

I personally think this was what caused the Wirral night bus demise, the routes started from Queen square, which at night is deserted. They should have started from one stop where people actually are. Nobody when drunk is going to walk 5/10 minutes across town from the main bars and clubs to catch a night bus when they could just get a taxi.

Maybe if they had loaders and started them on cooks street it may have been more successful..

I am no longer active on this forum.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)