Current time: 20/04/2024, 10:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Chester Bus Station
RE: Chester bus station
There was a rumour when the council first muted the new bus station, that city hoppers where going to connect the town centre with the new bus station, whether this is still apparent only time will tell

True, but the position of the new bus station counteracts this as a further 10 minutes might be spent walking to more central Chester. In a way it's like a the bus only runs short to Gorse Stacks now. Take the X30 for example, many people do get off at Gorse Stacks but a lot of people also stay on the bus to access the market and the surrounding area.
[/quote]

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/09/2015 09:31)chester285 Wrote:  There was a rumour when the council first muted the new bus station, that city hoppers where going to connect the town centre with the new bus station, whether this is still apparent only time will tell

Would be nice if they did still do this but haven't heard anything for a while. I'd imagine that the Market and adjoining shopping centre will be hit quite hard by the lack of passing trade once the current station closes. Happened to stumble upon a program on BBC1 last night that highlighted this.
I understand that when the area where the existing bus stands (I hesitate to call it a bus station) is finally redeveloped, Hunter Street will be opened up again at the bottom end and some bus stands will be situated on Hunter Street, alongside the new development. I presume the intention would be to route some local services past the new development if that is the case.

I also hope that some sort of link is retained between the new bus station and the town hall area in Chester as it's a fair walk for anyone not fully mobile. Ideally, a free shuttle service (funded by the retail sector) would be offered but I'm not holding my breath on that happening!
(05/09/2015 13:35)Turbostar Wrote:  I understand that when the area where the existing bus stands (I hesitate to call it a bus station) is finally redeveloped, Hunter Street will be opened up again at the bottom end and some bus stands will be situated on Hunter Street, alongside the new development. I presume the intention would be to route some local services past the new development if that is the case.

I also hope that some sort of link is retained between the new bus station and the town hall area in Chester as it's a fair walk for anyone not fully mobile. Ideally, a free shuttle service (funded by the retail sector) would be offered but I'm not holding my breath on that happening!

Perhaps these stands will be for the shuttle service if it comes to fruition.
They have confirmed the opening date for the new Chester Bus Station it opens on

The 30th of May 2017 For Park An Ride Buses Only

And All Buses Will Serve The Bus Station From The 5th Of June 2017

Bus Operators That will Call At The New Chester Bus Station Are Arriva, Arrowebrook, Avon Buses, Aintree Coachline, D J Jones, National Express, Stagecoach and Townlynx.

Here is More information About The Bus Station

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/news/c...s-13073745

And Here Are What Stands The Buses Will Stop At And A Map Of the Bus Station

https://www.yourwestcheshire.co.uk/image....06.17.pdf
I picked up a timetable for the 200 at the tourist office on Friday. Surely some arrangement with Helms to reroute the Railbus would make more sense.
Timetables had been posted in the new bus station and some of the electronic screens were working!
However there seemed to be no indication of the existence of services not using the bus station, while in the bus exchange there were posters showing the location of city centre stops, but no indication of what routes used them!
Oh well by this time next week the bus Station will be either running smoothly or in some form of meltdown.

Somebody at CWAC had there head screwed on when not introducing the full timetabled services into the bus station while the children where on there half term break.

Im yet to be convinced that there will not have to be further timetable revisions to iron out some minor irregularities.
From Today All Buses Now Serve The New Chester Bus Station
Pity the old Delamere Street bus station was sold off that would have been perfect, just needed the passenger waiting area refurbished.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Pity the shopping area around the old Bus Exchange , which may struggle now that there passing trade has moved to the other end of the city

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)