Current time: 19/04/2024, 18:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva and DB for Sale
RE: Arriva and DB for Sale
What may be more sensible is if current vehicle orders are fulfilled, especially where the vehicles are already in-build.

I understand that some StreetDecks are on order for London route 340.

Maybe this will be an opportunity for more of Arriva's stock to be refurbished.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(16/04/2016 20:49)Dentonian Wrote:  As an aside, weren't 4693-8 due from the 2015/6 order, never mind anything for 2016/7?

It was misunderstood that the new buses for Birkenhead were to be Enviro400s (which would have been 4693-8) but they were actually StreetLites 6000-5 instead

The next batch of new double deckers for Arriva North West will be numbered 4693 onwards
(14/04/2016 19:01)Dentonian Wrote:  Have I missed something? How do we "know" that Orders have been cancelled? Can you clarify; are you saying Arriva will receive no new buses this year, bearing in mind DDA requirements?

(16/04/2016 21:11)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Oh i am so terribly sorry for my spelling mistake right there.

This RUMOUR has been circulating for so long and its hardly believable is it if thats such a case how come we are seeing so much investment from Arriva and if so why would they bother to take Northern Rail and Transport for London's Overground franchise as well as a lot of investment into the Bus side of things not just North West & Wales.

Perhaps they got their maths wrong (unlikely they are german) or that they'll be better off in the future if one of the DB companies gets sold off
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(16/04/2016 21:23)RedPanda Wrote:  Perhaps they got their maths wrong (unlikely they are german) or that they'll be better off in the future if one of the DB companies gets sold off

There was so much investment last year so i doubt we will see as much this year all divisions had a fair few ££'s spent on them last year even Wales, shockingly.

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
(14/04/2016 19:01)Dentonian Wrote:  Have I missed something? How do we "know" that Orders have been cancelled? Can you clarify; are you saying Arriva will receive no new buses this year, bearing in mind DDA requirements?

Out of interest does anybody know if there's been an increase in passengers on promo routes such as sapphire, cross river and any other route that has an hybrid on it? Not just in the north west but accross the country
Deutsche Bahn plans to float Arriva

Article from The Guardian here

(05/05/2016 16:32)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  Deutsche Bahn plans to float Arriva

Article from The Guardian here

Interesting! One to watch over the coming weeks
(05/05/2016 18:13)RedPanda Wrote:  Interesting! One to watch over the coming weeks

I :m resurrecting this as some kind of document on the subject was posted on another - more business orientated list late last night. I am "read only" on said list so don't know the contents of the uploaded document.
Here is a link to last night's news https://www.theguardian.com/business/201...tor-arriva
It doesn't really say a lot but definitely one to watch, the question to ask though is if Arriva is floated on the Stock Exchange, which one will it be floated on? The London or the Berlin? and what share holding will Deutsche Bahn keep? Guess its all a big open question, at least it looks like the intention is to keep it altogether, maybe if its sorted quickly it could benefit from FirstGroups disarray by maybe acquiring something in the South West or Scotland were Arriva has nothing, should the situation at FirstGroup get worse and they have to sell the hole lot off in a piecemeal basis to settle debts. Other smaller operator groups might also fit nicely as well into the puzzle.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)