Current time: 29/03/2024, 06:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CMT Buses
RE: CMT Buses
Didn't Arriva do the 90 St Helens to Kirkby too at one point? Was this alongside CMT or after/before.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(28/11/2020 07:42)jcksmnr Wrote:  Didn't Arriva do the 90 St Helens to Kirkby too at one point? Was this alongside CMT or after/before.
ABC Travel ran a morning Kirkby - St Helens journey which ran onto the 319. CMT acquired this with their takeover of ABC.
(27/11/2020 20:18)Gillmoss 0324 Wrote:  Autumn 2000 seems to ring a bell when CMT changed the 10 to the 10A's IIRC around this time they also introduced the 10C to Huyton too. I think it was around the time CMT got the ex-Harrogate & District Alexander Strider/B-10B's which generally went on the 10's back then.

This all pretty much stayed the same when GTL took over CMT and it was only until Stagecoach shortened the 10C's to Knotty Ash a few years back then withdrew it when the QBP began in 2014/15 with the current 10A arrangement we have now.

I wasn't on the ground back then so might not be 100% correct with this but I seem to remember it happening like this back then scary to think it's 20 years ago now. Hope this helps.

The 10C was cut around 2005/2006 when stagecoach pulled off most services that competed with well served arriva areas such as the 12/13, 20, 26/27, 79, 92 and 361 etc. It wasn’t until much later on that the 10C was reintroduced as Queen Square to Knotty Ash, originally using the last of the step entrance B10M’s, later moving to Optare Solo’s and Dennis Darts
The first bus service the Grants operated as CMT Travel was Merseytravel 207 Crosby Bus Station - Waterloo Interchange in early 1987 after North Western pulled off a main artery in the Crosby area. They used brand-new CVE Omnis (bread vans with seats).

The Beatles, Fountains Of Wayne, XTC, The Who, ELO

Power Pop For All
[font=Impact][/font]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(06/12/2020 13:17)teenagewasteland Wrote:  The first bus service the Grants operated as CMT Travel was Merseytravel 207 Crosby Bus Station - Waterloo Interchange in early 1987 after North Western pulled off a main artery in the Crosby area. They used brand-new CVE Omnis (bread vans with seats).
I remember the CVE Omnis when they ran the 101 in the City Centre around 1989.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)