Current time: 18/04/2024, 19:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tyrers Bus and Coach
RE: Tyrers Bus and Coach
There must be some form of agreement with the filling station , so that they can ensure they have an adequate supply to cover all Tyrers needs plus any other commercial companies needs as well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I would of thought the fuel would be sold on a first come first serve basis

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Helms of Eastham regularly fillup at the Shell garage in Eastham all the time,have done for years.
(22/10/2015 00:01)bus401 Wrote:  Helms of Eastham regularly fillup at the Shell garage in Eastham all the time,have done for years.

Eazibus fuel up at Petrol Stations as dos A1A when they operated service work
Wiganbus normally filll up at Tescos Central Park Wigan
(22/10/2015 00:01)bus401 Wrote:  Helms of Eastham regularly fillup at the Shell garage in Eastham all the time,have done for years.

I do agree with you that Helms regularly fill at Shell in eastham for long time seem no problem at all. Sometime Helms fill the Diesel when end of service early evening and very rare early in morning.
(21/10/2015 23:47)T42 PVM Wrote:  I would of thought the fuel would be sold on a first come first serve basis

Yeah probably but it wouldnt be good for business if they ran of diesel at the commercial pumps during the filling up process , therefore by a local agreement with the operator the filling would have a general idea when they would be filling up like Shell carlett do with Helms so they would always have adequate supplies when they need to fill up.
(22/10/2015 10:13)wirralbus Wrote:  Yeah probably but it wouldnt be good for business if they ran of diesel at the commercial pumps during the filling up process , therefore by a local agreement with the operator the filling would have a general idea when they would be filling up like Shell carlett do with Helms so they would always have adequate supplies when they need to fill up.

I've the odd Cumfybus there too.

It was just odd seeing them all backed up onto the main road. Thought they would have staggered their fill ups as nobody else could get on the forecourt! Especially as it was still rush hour.
(22/10/2015 11:02)Dentonian Wrote:  Seperate to the fuelling business, I note from the PSV Circle that Tyrers have acquired at least 18 'deckers recently. As well as the Farnworth site for (10 buses), there was an earlier report that the increase in TFGM tenders had resulted in an OC opening in "Horwich". Does anyone know if Horwich is still used as well as Farnworth, and if so exactly where it is - ie. can buses be seen/identified from public roads?

I think there all ex arriva london deckers but T42 PVM as better knowledge on there fleet than me lol.
(22/10/2015 10:13)wirralbus Wrote:  Yeah probably but it wouldnt be good for business if they ran of diesel at the commercial pumps during the filling up process , therefore by a local agreement with the operator the filling would have a general idea when they would be filling up like Shell carlett do with Helms so they would always have adequate supplies when they need to fill up.

I very much doubt there is any sort of agreement in place it's just easy for the vehicles to fill up close to the depot or base.
The big fuel companies invest heavily in monitoring thier sites and can have deliveries organised and on route to a site in under an hour - it's big business.
A lot of companies, travel master, Swans travel and Alfa coaches to name but a few have fuel cards which are carried in each vehicle and will fill up when nessecary using these fuel cards.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)