Current time: 25/04/2024, 07:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go Goodwins
RE: Go Goodwins
(03/08/2020 17:56)Mayneway Wrote:  If it’s the two I’m thinking about they were refurbished with the rest of the last batch and offered to an operator who had just picked up a 2 bus contract. I believe the buses were looked over and refused by the operator who decided to use their own so they were (possibly still are) stored at Stagecoach Wigan depot (Birkenhead did the refurbs).
Ex metroshuttle and MCT Solo YJ60KCG was also refurbished but constantly had issues with brakes and the electronic retarder while at MCT so this one might reappear.

Yep it is KCG & KCO that I’m on about I heard that they were rejected for that 2 bus contract.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(03/08/2020 17:21)Mayneway Wrote:  Former MCT (TFGM owned) Optare versa Hybrids YJ60KCY/X have been pressed back into service and are being used by GoGoodwins on the newly gained 382 contract. These were refurbished around 12 months ago when the Stockport 300 Metroshuttle ended which is probably why they they are being used - I’d be very surprised if any more of the TFGM hybrids come back to life.

I suppose it's saved Goodwins having to get 2 more single decks for the new route... Though they may regret that if these hybrids turn out like the rest of the batch and prove to be unreliable.
(03/08/2020 18:22)darylyates17 Wrote:  Yep it is KCG & KCO that I’m on about I heard that they were rejected for that 2 bus contract.

KCG came to MCT briefly but had issues with brakes/retarder. Sure there’s 2 more at Wigan.
(03/08/2020 18:53)AlexBus12 Wrote:  I suppose it's saved Goodwins having to get 2 more single decks for the new route... Though they may regret that if these hybrids turn out like the rest of the batch and prove to be unreliable.

They will still need spare vehicles to cover for these two when they go to Optare for work/inspection.
Optare metrocity (possibly yj15aao) noted on the 392 today.

Edit. Just seen it again heading the other way. Unless there’s 2 it’s yj15aau.
(25/09/2020 10:51)djb Wrote:  Optare metrocity (possibly yj15aao) noted on the 392 today.

Edit. Just seen it again heading the other way. Unless there’s 2 it’s yj15aau.
YJ15AAO is a Mercedes Citaro, so it'll just be YJ15AAU here (ex Airport Parking & Hotels).
Optare Metrocity's
YJ15 AAO
YJ15 AAU
YJ65 EPY
YJ65 EPZ

were seen outside the depot around 2 weeks ago in all white. All were recently with Proctors Rent a Bus as dealer
(25/09/2020 22:11)Citibus Wrote:  Optare Metrocity's
YJ15 AAO
YJ15 AAU
YJ65 EPY
YJ65 EPZ

were seen outside the depot around 2 weeks ago in all white. All where recently with Proctors Rent a Bus as dealer

Interesting to see YJ65 EPY returning to Manchester, starting with APH at Sharston before spending time at Edinburgh Airport. Cant find much of EPZ after leaving APH but I assume it has the same story.
(25/09/2020 13:21)EDB325 Wrote:  YJ15AAO is a Mercedes Citaro, so it'll just be YJ15AAU here (ex Airport Parking & Hotels).

Ignore this - I mistyped the reg while looking it (it's an age thing Hammer)
Ex Ferris, Nantgarw VDL Vanhool TDX27 Astromega WA12KNP has joined the fleet.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)