Current time: 19/04/2024, 16:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halton Transport
RE: Halton Transport
Just seen on Facebook that halton are purchasing 6 ex stagecoach darts from rugby depot , 2 are already at haltons yard ( PX06 DWD + KX56 JYY)
(Credit to Tony miller)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
PX06 DWD is ex Stagecoach Merseyside new to Gillmoss, strange purchases really. Think it tells you the state of Halton with them buying 13 1/2 year old darts. Kind of reminds me of GTl when most of their vehicles were bought from Stagecoach before takeover. Not that I'm implying that this is happening to Halton
I think it because there is only stagecoach that sell to anyone where as first and arriva wont sell direct to other firms and only scrap unless there ex leased veichles from councils or funded.
I can understand haltons logic as they can afford to buy out right rather than through finance but they will have an hectic time replacing there veichles in the coming years.
I see, the odd few slip through the net though, such as the Olympians from Arriva. Only the odd first bus goes on to someone else although they appear to keep their buses until they are older anyway.
Another thing I was thinking, could it be that as they're ex Stagecoach Rugby, perhaps Halton have got Stagecoach MCSL at Gilmoss to give them a final check over before they reach Halton?
(12/09/2019 07:50)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Strange purchases really. Think it tells you the state of Halton with them buying 13 1/2 year old darts. Kind of reminds me of GTl when most of their vehicles were bought from Stagecoach before takeover. Not that I'm implying that this is happening to Halton

There’s a severe lack of large batch single deckers available on the market compared to the amount of ex-London double deckers. Even Go-North West are struggling to find complete batches having now operated 3 internally different batches of Enviro 200 and 4 odd Eclipse 2’s. I would imagine these would displace earlier Mylleniums onto predominantly school and college services and in turn the stagecoach fleet will follow the same fate.

Halton have a history of buying second hand buses that are similar to their own fleet and mechanically these are similar to most of the Dennis Darts Halton have operated over the years, from the step entrance C37’s to the MPD’s.
They must be desperate to find vehicles if they are having to buy 13 year old Stagecoach darts. I’d imagine they have been hammered and will have had a hard life. I guess Halton understandably though are not in a position to purchase new vehicles with the council having to bail them out.
Whilst we’re on the subject of Halton 53 (not sure how long it has been back in service) is back and is on the 14 today
(12/09/2019 09:13)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Even Go-North West are struggling to find complete batches having now operated 3 internally different batches of Enviro 200 and 4 odd Eclipse 2’s.

As far as I know GNW don't have any "odd" Eclipse 2s. The three 14-reg examples which have arrived so far are all from the same batch which were new to Malta

SK15 GZG
2010 | 2345 | 2474 | 2590 | 3052 | 3059 | 3061 | 5314 | 6408 | 6606 | 7537
4164 | 4593 | 4664 | 4670 | 4672 | 4678 | 4836
Go Northwest have actually got 5 Eclipse 2s these are 69325-69328 & 69420 which were originally new to First West Yorkshire and have been allocated to Queens Road for a good couple of years now and are quite reliable buses by all accounts.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)