Current time: 16/04/2024, 20:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halton Transport
RE: Halton Transport
And network warrington are just as bad crossing the back of reversing buses as ive had quite a few near misses with them not giving way to reversing buses.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I think the case of drivers reversing across the lanes really is down to the certain drivers who do it and wouldn't necessarily say it is specific to certain operators as all have been guilty of doing it at some stage.
Strange that there is not specific procedures from the station management.

Up in Lancashire there is pretty much consistent procedure for similar manoeuvres.
The 14s were a mixed bag yesterday - the usual Omnicities, a Marshall, an Enviro 200 branded for another route, and a couple of Myllenniums. Nice to see a bit of a change.
Would a solution at Warrington be to employ someone to guide the buses out when reversing? Happens in Elgin and St. Andrews (the latter owned by Stagecoach east Scotland).
It's the Arriva buses that appear to be the worst for not waiting for reversing buses to pull out of the bay. The amount of near misses iv had is unreal...

Back to Halton, noticed a white 54 plate Dart in the yard this morning.
Let's cease with the digs at other companies please chaps. I'm sure you can appreciate that individual drivers don't represent an entire company's drivers and I'm sure that no company who operate from the bus station are completely innocent of having drivers involved in these kind of incidents.

If the issue is so regular then I think the above suggestion of the bus station management implementing another form of safety net, is very sensible.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
The procedures when reversing from the bus station are very clear. There is guidelines within the drivers area of the bus station itself and I know new starters at Halton and Arriva receive information about reversing procedures so not really any excuses not to comply. I do agree though that some drivers of all operators including NW are often at fault and it's not limited to a particular company.
They may be clearly displayed and prescriptive but if they're still not being followed to the detriment of safety, then either additional monitoring and reporting back to the companies concerned needs to take place or they need reviewing. It's as simple as that.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
I'll never understand this whole model of bus station building - the whole design is flawed and wastes a huge amount of space.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)