Current time: 24/04/2024, 11:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(19/05/2016 12:20)T42 PVM Wrote:  Just noticed on the X8 Timetable that the Service wont be going to Chester Bus Station, it will be starting at Foregate Street, When i have used the X8 most Passengers have boarded at the Bus Station so to take it away from there seems a stupid move.

I guess that the cost of each departure from the bus station and the loadings have played a part in the decision to do this, if the loadings do not cover each departure cost then its not as stupid as it sounds

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Recently Chester Bus Exchange has been a minefield to get into with constant roadworks in the off peak hours causing untold delays to services , which can only be made worse when Chester Races happen , which during the summer happens with regularity.

When the P&R services start that is one less service using the Bus Exchange , at what point does Frodsham Street and Foregate Street reach bursting point .
(19/05/2016 20:02)wirralbus Wrote:  Recently Chester Bus Exchange has been a minefield to get into with constant roadworks in the off peak hours causing untold delays to services , which can only be made worse when Chester Races happen , which during the summer happens with regularity.

When the P&R services start that is one less service using the Bus Exchange , at what point does Frodsham Street and Foregate Street reach bursting point .

It's been mentioned that they're planning to pedestrianise Frodsham Street at some point in the future along with half of forgate so that'll be fun.

Having passed the new bus station a few times now it looks a bit cramped for the number of services that will likely be using it.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Interesting times ahead , the City planners will say they have got the bus provision right , it will tell in the fullness of time if they got that right .
(14/05/2016 10:12)Turbostar Wrote:  Yep, the former Chester City depot that was used by First was demolished some while ago & the site redeveloped. Only the Liverpool Road depot now in Chester.

Thank you for letting me know Turbostar. I have been in the mood to find out about former bus depots after seeing the former First Northampton depot still with the First sign at the front 2 weeks ago!
To be honest the depot that Stagecoach use now in Chester is a very tight fit when all the vehicles are back in the depot , it does lead to some very careful planning to ensure the correct buses are in the correct spots for dispatch the following morning .

It must be a hinderance to stagecoach if they wanted to make a much bigger presence in the area.

What is on the land that Chester City Transport used as there depot ?
(20/05/2016 08:44)R879 HRF Wrote:  It's been mentioned that they're planning to pedestrianise Frodsham Street at some point in the future along with half of forgate so that'll be fun.

Having passed the new bus station a few times now it looks a bit cramped for the number of services that will likely be using it.

Ive also heard that Love Street will be made One Way and Buses only with bus stops along there.
(21/05/2016 20:56)wirralbus Wrote:  To be honest the depot that Stagecoach use now in Chester is a very tight fit when all the vehicles are back in the depot , it does lead to some very careful planning to ensure the correct buses are in the correct spots for dispatch the following morning .

It must be a hinderance to stagecoach if they wanted to make a much bigger presence in the area.

What is on the land that Chester City Transport used as there depot ?

Student flats are on the site of the former Chester City depot. As regards the Liverpool Road depot, it's probably too small for today's needs. One of the Chester drivers told me a while back that Stagecoach had considered a new depot on the Sealand Rd Industrial Estate but that doesn't seem to be happening at present.
Does anyone know how Cheshire west and stagecoach got on recently with the application for funding to replace the park and ride buses with electric vehicles, I noticed it disappeared from CWaC website

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(22/05/2016 07:32)Turbostar Wrote:  Student flats are on the site of the former Chester City depot. As regards the Liverpool Road depot, it's probably too small for today's needs. One of the Chester drivers told me a while back that Stagecoach had considered a new depot on the Sealand Rd Industrial Estate but that doesn't seem to be happening at present.

If Stagecoach move out no route will be safe in the chester area including the 84 down to crewe as they will have so much room to play with .

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)