Current time: 28/03/2024, 10:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(22/03/2015 08:21)Penny Return Wrote:  Nice pair of Barnsley scrap dodgers those are Laugh

Both excellent to drive though, 962 being the better, quick off the mark and still work horses

14166 is still in Rock Ferry, I was told it had been bought off ensign, but clearly was wrong!

I am no longer active on this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Are the XBU's DDA? if so they could be sold on to a smaller independent who could put these to good use, plus i would of thought selling Buses on would be more Profitable than Scrapping them

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(22/03/2015 12:18)R879 HRF Wrote:  Both excellent to drive though, 962 being the better, quick off the mark and still work horses

14166 is still in Rock Ferry, I was told it had been bought off ensign, but clearly was wrong!

I like both 961 and 962 very much, really lovely ride on A41 or A5117 with out stopped straight through. I seem mostly out on Liverpool and Chester route sometime another route. Recently 961 on X8 route, I'm really missed to ride and wish ride on M53 to see what is like. Never mind.
(22/03/2015 14:42)bolton bus basher Wrote:  Are the XBU's DDA? if so they could be sold on to a smaller independent who could put these to good use, plus i would of thought selling Buses on would be more Profitable than Scrapping them

A number of the ex first flolines where sold on after takeover. Think 4 or 5 went to connexions in York. The 2 darts where sold too.

(22/03/2015 14:42)bolton bus basher Wrote:  Are the XBU's DDA? if so they could be sold on to a smaller independent who could put these to good use, plus i would of thought selling Buses on would be more Profitable than Scrapping them

No, but given their age I would imagine it's little more than a paperwork exercise to get them certified.
28552 is back on road today, on route 1 and look refresh repainted, ex- golf wrapped.
Im surprised it survived in that Open Golf wrap for so long after the tournament , I would have thought the R&A would have wanted it removing immediately after the event .

The R&A and Stagecoach do seem to have a good relationship though with each other as they seem to be the Park&Ride contractor for all the opens in recent times around the country.
(23/03/2015 17:38)326VFM Wrote:  28552 is back on road today, on route 1 and look refresh repainted, ex- golf wrapped.

Its been out for a few weeks and has been mentioned. It has also had a retrim with 28544.

(23/03/2015 19:12)wirralbus Wrote:  Im surprised it survived in that Open Golf wrap for so long after the tournament , I would have thought the R&A would have wanted it removing immediately after the event .

The R&A and Stagecoach do seem to have a good relationship though with each other as they seem to be the Park&Ride contractor for all the opens in recent times around the country.

They have it for the 2017 open in Birkdale as well.
Trainer 20602 in the yard at Rock Ferry this afternoon

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)