Current time: 16/04/2024, 05:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(30/12/2014 07:09)M60lad Wrote:  Not sure what route X8s were using to/from Cheshire Oaks yesterday afternoon/evening as I recieved a tweat from NW Motorway Police that the sliproads on M53 for Cheshire Oaks in both directions ended up being closed due to the chaos round there

I was stuck early afternoon on X8 into Cheshire Oaks took an hour from the port.you can only blame the the people who designed this place with those car parks,Park & Ride is the answer

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
34601 is out on the 42 today
(30/12/2014 07:18)Penny Return Wrote:  I was stuck early afternoon on X8 into Cheshire Oaks took an hour from the port.you can only blame the the people who designed this place with those car parks,Park & Ride is the answer

If you look at all of them designer outlet villages they have all been more or less designed the same way , a lot of the blame at Cheshire Oaks is the traffic management outside the site .

Now where would you build a Park and Ride site in the Ellesmere Port area , dont forget you are encroaching on green belt land if you build anything basically in the Chester direction.
Yesterday, I turned up at Sir Thomas St at 16:50 for the 17:05 X8 to Chester. The first X8 that appeared was at 17:55 which apparently should have been the 16:30 departure from Liverpool!

I feel really sorry for the drivers in these circumstances & appreciate there's little the bus company can do to alleviate the issue. However, I have e-mailed Stagecoach to register my opinion on the delay & have firmly pointed the finger of blame at McArthur Glenn as it's the poor design of the road layout in the area that's the cause of these delays.

I doubt much can be done in the short term, but longer term, someone needs to get their finger out & give the buses some degree of priority around Cheshire Oaks. There are some service roads around the site that aren't open to regular traffic & I wonder whether one or more of those could be given over to bus use?
(30/12/2014 12:48)wirralbus Wrote:  If you look at all of them designer outlet villages they have all been more or less designed the same way , a lot of the blame at Cheshire Oaks is the traffic management outside the site .

Now where would you build a Park and Ride site in the Ellesmere Port area , dont forget you are encroaching on green belt land if you build anything basically in the Chester direction.

Quite honestly I feel sorry for the police who have to sort out the sorry mess whilst McArthur Glen and its tenants reap the profits.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Monday's debacle was only helped in the end by the decision of Cheshire Police to close the sliproads off the M53 , which gave the police some headway to move the traffic without adding any more .

I would hesitate to think what Ellesmere Port Town Centre was like yesterday as everything had to continue onto the Junction at the bottom of the town .

Today the traffic bulletins have been a lot more favourable .
36814 is playing on rail replacement this morning

I am no longer active on this forum.
Renown W468 CRN (21119) is on the 41\42.
(02/01/2015 07:13)R879 HRF Wrote:  36814 is playing on rail replacement this morning

Why the rail replacements had to be double deckers in the first place is beyond me , never seen more than a handful of people on it .
(02/01/2015 16:18)wirralbus Wrote:  Why the rail replacements had to be double deckers in the first place is beyond me , never seen more than a handful of people on it .

I was thinking exactly that this morning. They would've got away with a Solo for most journeys and maybe a Pointer or Enviro300 for peak times. Now most people know that Hamilton Square is shut they have made their own alternative travel plans.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)