Current time: 20/04/2024, 11:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(17/09/2013 03:47)jimbo Wrote:  WARNING: Roumer only

Hello, anybody know anything about oldham tenders, they are up for renewal atm, think they start November but not sure. Roumer has it though that first have lost all the tenders with MCT and Stotts winning them all. If so i feel this is a good thing as first dont seem to give a crap about their optares, using old bangers that break down a lot, 3 broke down in Rochdale alone yesterday, two belt issues and summet else...

Think it's just rumours tbh.
Depending on what's been won by who Stotts for one would need some more vehicles as they currently only have two spare Solos.
I wouldn't be surprised if they retain the 407 though as they run it too a tee.

On the subject of First tenders, I've been told by a pioneer driver that Pioneer have lost thier Stockport tenders. Not sure whether this means them loosing some of their hybrids though as there used on other services in the evenings and on Sundays, altgough the 168 was mostly normal Solos last Sunday!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
also at pioneer 41784 has turned up here now just 86 due of the SBA darts only 40382/40403/6 left all on loans seem to have finished now
(17/09/2013 09:40)Mayneway Wrote:  
(17/09/2013 03:47)jimbo Wrote:  WARNING: Roumer only

Hello, anybody know anything about oldham tenders, they are up for renewal atm, think they start November but not sure. Roumer has it though that first have lost all the tenders with MCT and Stotts winning them all. If so i feel this is a good thing as first dont seem to give a crap about their optares, using old bangers that break down a lot, 3 broke down in Rochdale alone yesterday, two belt issues and summet else...

Think it's just rumours tbh.
Depending on what's been won by who Stotts for one would need some more vehicles as they currently only have two spare Solos.
I wouldn't be surprised if they retain the 407 though as they run it too a tee.

On the subject of First tenders, I've been told by a pioneer driver that Pioneer have lost thier Stockport tenders. Not sure whether this means them loosing some of their hybrids though as there used on other services in the evenings and on Sundays, altgough the 168 was mostly normal Solos last Sunday!

If there is truth in the rumour about the Oldham minibus network, then I couldn't see Stotts gaining too many services. Could see them operating the 406 plus maybe the 403/404 and MCT running the 402 and 410/411. As for the 380/381 and 386, chances are it would be Stagecoach or MCT. Wouldn't be surprised to see the hybrids switch to the new operator and then First using the other hybrids that are on the 41 and 419 for its Tameside evening/Sunday services.

May get some confirmation of any changes in next few weeks with the TfGM Bus Committee meeting taking place on 4 October, which usually sees the documents published at some point next week.
(17/09/2013 15:35)mic Wrote:  also at pioneer 41784 has turned up here now just 86 due of the SBA darts only 40382/40403/6 left all on loans seem to have finished now

Is the plan for these Marshall Darts to replace the remaining Plaxton Darts at Dukinfield.
Noticed B9's allocated to the 38/39 so far this week with a Marshall on the 393.
I notice that the Arrow's are still hanging on though, any idea when these will go?
(17/09/2013 22:52)Mayneway Wrote:  
(17/09/2013 15:35)mic Wrote:  also at pioneer 41784 has turned up here now just 86 due of the SBA darts only 40382/40403/6 left all on loans seem to have finished now

Is the plan for these Marshall Darts to replace the remaining Plaxton Darts at Dukinfield.
Noticed B9's allocated to the 38/39 so far this week with a Marshall on the 393.
I notice that the Arrow's are still hanging on though, any idea when these will go?

the marshalls have now cover 346/389/331/333, 346/393 38/39`s from what ive seeen myself since my last post how long til they get on 41`s??? place your bets now please yet again 2 hybrids are off to blackburn atm
69572 and 69573 are in service at Bury covering for 3 Bury Buses at Bury off road due to RTA damage plus various breakdowns. A Bury driver told me Bury basically were so low on buses that Bolton had no choice but to put them in service for Bury earlier than planned.

For now these two will remain at Bury

It's great to see new buses at Bury, even if its not long term. It's still good to see
(18/09/2013 00:07)james Wrote:  
(17/09/2013 22:52)Mayneway Wrote:  

the marshalls have now cover 346/389/331/333, 346/393 38/39`s from what ive seeen myself since my last post how long til they get on 41`s??? place your bets now please yet again 2 hybrids are off to blackburn atm

Before the Hybrids arrived darts were quite common in the 41 (when Stotts did the weekday 41s), but the allocater seems a lot stricter these days and it seems to be strictly Solo's.

As for the Hybrids, they seem to spend more time off the road than they do on, I'm thinking their still under warranty otherwise it would be costing TFGM a pretty penny!
Like I said in a previous post QS's Hybrid Volvo B5s seem to spend their time going to and from Thomas Hardies at Trafford Park, but yes I've noticed that the Hybrid Versa's and Solo's seem to spend more time off the road then they do on the road
(18/09/2013 00:16)37554BY Wrote:  69572 and 69573 are in service at Bury covering for 3 Bury Buses at Bury off road due to RTA damage plus various breakdowns. A Bury driver told me Bury basically were so low on buses that Bolton had no choice but to put them in service for Bury earlier than planned.

For now these two will remain at Bury

It's great to see new buses at Bury, even if its not long term. It's still good to see

Good to see but there are three V reg Scanias 60183-5 V131-3DND parked up at BN which I'm sure could be used, but maybe they need MOTs etc.
(18/09/2013 00:30)Mayneway Wrote:  
(18/09/2013 00:07)james Wrote:  
(17/09/2013 22:52)Mayneway Wrote:  Is the plan for these Marshall Darts to replace the remaining Plaxton Darts at Dukinfield.

Before the Hybrids arrived darts were quite common in the 41 (when Stotts did the weekday 41s), but the allocater seems a lot stricter these days and it seems to be strictly Solo's.

As for the Hybrids, they seem to spend more time off the road than they do on, I'm thinking their still under warranty otherwise it would be costing TFGM a pretty penny!
all tfgm hybrids inc wigan and stagecoach are not allowed to be serviced by our own company staff , even if a headlight is out it has to go to optare at blackburn its rediculous thats why you are seeing a lot of normal buses on 41`s the priority list is sk routes,419 then 41 for hybrids. in regards to mayneway about losing the sk tenders they would forfit 328/205 tenders also as the are green bus spec. but ive not heard anything when i spoke to my uncle the other day

User(s) browsing this thread: 21 Guest(s)