Current time: 20/04/2024, 00:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
No there was one B7RLE it was not there when I drove past yesterday the one that was there may have moved back it was DK09 GYG (21272)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Andy 21272 is out on the 32 P&R upton service and has been since 9am
Also heard a rumour that Chester depot on Liverpool road is living on borrowed time... Apparently planning permission has been granted for stagecoach to relocate the depot an store upto 150 vehicles an have a full body shop and pits, also a wash along with a couple of lanes for fuelling..

I add this is a rumour but it is very believable and I think this will happen in the near future...
(11/08/2013 09:38)Njones2591 Wrote:  Also heard a rumour that Chester depot on Liverpool road is living on borrowed time... Apparently planning permission has been granted for stagecoach to relocate the depot an store upto 150 vehicles an have a full body shop and pits, also a wash along with a couple of lanes for fuelling..

I add this is a rumour but it is very believable and I think this will happen in the near future...

Hi Njones, I'm really very interesting to hear about the relocate of depot in the future, so Stagecoach want to be save money to spending two depots into one depot, less depotmen, mechanicmen, staffs and etc. Sound like moving to somewhere in Ellesmere Port between Rock Ferry and Chester. Really sadly Chester Corporation Depot gone now, also Crosville Motor Service in Sealand Road gone now next to Liverpool Road next one!!
Yeah sure not where the depot would be mate but chances are your right...

That's means there will be no bus depot left in Chester...

What about loss mileage wonder if that has been factored in ??
It would make sense I suppose to relocate both depots to on area in the middle, Ellesmere Port has a lot of land available adjacent to the M53 which is large enough to take a depot of that size plus its handy for buses heading in opposite directions. but only time will tell as to where it will be located

(11/08/2013 10:20)Njones2591 Wrote:  Yeah sure not where the depot would be mate but chances are your right...

That's means there will be no bus depot left in Chester...

What about loss mileage wonder if that has been factored in ??

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
There is no way a P&R Eclipse would be on the Gillmoss scrap line even for a few days if something needed replacing in Chester and that was the only thing suitable to use they would have a problem if it had a problem it would just sit in Chester garage
GM don't have a scrap line though; they've like quite a lot of depots and just have a row along the back fence where any vehicles VOR or withdrawn are parked to keep them clear of the active lanes.

Its quite possible that it was in for MOT work or an engine replacement.
21262 is the one at Gillmoss, pic to follow later

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
ah cheers GKASmile was only 10 off lol what is it there for???

also NJones2591 I heard they are looking at merging RF and Chester to one depot but on the same plans as you just said but its only A rumour and for one im not taking notice of it until i see the proof

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)