Current time: 24/04/2024, 23:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
When I say communication error, what I really meant was Scouse Stupidity.
All they said to Carlisle was "repaint" - so Carlisle did just that, a standard repaint! Gilmoss should have asked for "no panels, all white"...

As far as I am aware at this stage there are no plans to use these Royales once they're repalced at Rock Ferry - underneath it all they are very tired mechanically.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/03/2013 22:00)mbonwick Wrote:  When I say communication error, what I really meant was Scouse Stupidity.
All they said to Carlisle was "repaint" - so Carlisle did just that, a standard repaint! Gilmoss should have asked for "no panels, all white"...

As far as I am aware at this stage there are no plans to use these Royales once they're repalced at Rock Ferry - underneath it all they are very tired mechanically.

Maybe, just maybe its one of the replacements for the N-reg'd Olympians which Cumbria still have.
The Royales will not be moving from Rock Ferry until they are sold.

Cumbria do not need any N reg Olys replaced - all they have is 16339 for schools at Barrow. Everything else is P reg (16645), or of the R-NBV batch.

Indeed, further Olys will be replaced when this years orders are delivered.
(17/03/2013 22:49)mbonwick Wrote:  The Royales will not be moving from Rock Ferry until they are sold.

Cumbria do not need any N reg Olys replaced - all they have is 16339 for schools at Barrow. Everything else is P reg (16645), or of the R-NBV batch.

Indeed, further Olys will be replaced when this years orders are delivered.

Last summer Kendal depot was using H-reg'd Olympians, long side the 61-reg'd Scanias on the 555 service. Since then the H-reg'd olympians have gone to the depot in the sky, some of the 61-reg'd Scanias have been transferred to another depot. It be interesting to see what happens to this year summer 555 service!
This years 555 will be the usual Scanias, with extras provided by 05/55 plate Tridents.
28542 has had a referb of seats so that might be one of the next buses to get painted.

Here is my Flickr photo stream why dont you take a look! It was last updated: 15/05/13
I understood that there was no immediate plan to replace the ex First Olympians used on the school work, which is presumably why they are keen to replace the First livery.
If they are in reasonable condition underneath, it is quite likely they could see use elsewhere in the group, if they do become surplus to requirements.
The Carlisle paint shop will presumably have an expected output of repaints per week/period, which will be budgeted for, so repainting these Royales won't amount to any significant additional spend, just a week or two longer for any routine repaints to perhaps wait in the "queue".
Jesus H. Christ, is it really that difficult to read what I wrote?

Olympians are supposed to be going white. Swoops was a mistake. They are being replaced on schools in the medium term - although I suspect there is a good chance that the contracts won't be retained. The vibe I get is that Stagecoach are keen to renegotiate.

They will not see service elsewhere in the group - as I have said they are in poor condition and there are plenty other Olys to choose from around the place. The white repaint is simply so that Stagecoach can sell them on for further use (First policy is to only sell for scrap).

Repaints are paid for by the 'owning' depot, so all this is coming out of the Merseyside budget. Carlisle are just the means by which the work is carried out - no vehicles will be coming to Cumbria other than for paint.
(17/03/2013 23:58)mbonwick Wrote:  Jesus H. Christ, is it really that difficult to read what I wrote?

Olympians are supposed to be going white. Swoops was a mistake. They are being replaced on schools in the medium term - although I suspect there is a good chance that the contracts won't be retained. The vibe I get is that Stagecoach are keen to renegotiate.

They will not see service elsewhere in the group - as I have said they are in poor condition and there are plenty other Olys to choose from around the place. The white repaint is simply so that Stagecoach can sell them on for further use (First policy is to only sell for scrap).

Repaints are paid for by the 'owning' depot, so all this is coming out of the Merseyside budget. Carlisle are just the means by which the work is carried out - no vehicles will be coming to Cumbria other than for paint.

Angry little fella, aren't you. Still, your reputation precedes you unfortunately.

Think what people are wondering is not what you wrote, but how you know it. Have you been underneath these Olympians to see how 'tired they are'? Are you privvy to Stagecoach management's meetings regarding fleet policy?

Actually, I think I know the answers to both of those already!
I personally have not been under these Olys, no. Nor am I privvy to the Management meetings about vehicles.

What I have done is spoken to people who have been under the Olys and been told what advice was given to higher management. Similarly, a friend at Carlisle asked management what the plan was for them, and that is what he was told.

I don't think Stagecoach would outright lie to their employees, do you? And 2 sources saying the same is pretty decent corroboration.

So I suggest that if you still want decent information, rather than rumour, that you stop slagging me off at every opportunity. Put yourself in my shoes - I get very little thanks for what I do on this forum, and it's very annoying to see people willfully ignoring my posts as well.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)