Current time: 24/04/2024, 02:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
Some of their buses appear to be doing a strange mixture of services.

225 has done CAT5, 47, 32, 28, 596 and 13 journeys so far today.

221 started on CAT5, moved to 16, then did a single journey on both the 1 and 2, then to 15, then 47 and now back to CAT5 again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I would be very much surprised if a decker made it out onto Cat5 and if it did it would have had to miss out Statham due to the low canal bridge on route.
(07/01/2021 07:03)M60lad Wrote:  I would be very much surprised if a decker made it out onto Cat5 and if it did it would have had to miss out Statham due to the low canal bridge on route.

Yeah, surely it wasn't actually 196 that was on the Cat5 on 5th January.
However, there are a few Cat5's every college day that are decker operated, to/from Priestley College only.
On the BusTimes live map, it now shows seat availability on WOB buses.
(12/01/2021 18:30)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  On the BusTimes live map, it now shows seat availability on WOB buses.

Currently a CAT8 service is not saying 'seats available', does that mean full or no information available?
(13/01/2021 09:45)knutstransport Wrote:  Currently a CAT8 service is not saying 'seats available', does that mean full or no information available?

Not sure sorry, only noticed it recently!

I'd hope there is a 'Seats Unavailable' message to avoid any confusion, so probably just no information available as you said.
I guess the latest cancellations of services are terminal - the 10/10A, 23A, 26/27, 26E/27E, 31 and 33 might never come back.
Did anyone get a photo of the 31 or 33? Thanks in advance.
(17/01/2021 22:46)Valandil Wrote:  I guess the latest cancellations of services are terminal - the 10/10A, 23A, 26/27, 26E/27E, 31 and 33 might never come back.
Did anyone get a photo of the 31 or 33? Thanks in advance.
To be fair, the 26/27s it's good for them not to come back and instead be ran by the core services. Much simpler for passengers and drivers (in terms of training and remembering routes).

10/10A was developer funded and I think that funding ran out.

23A was only put in to keep councillors quiet.

31/33 I don't know enough about to comment.
Before MP Travel declared they would be operating the X1 (Runcorn to Liverpool) commercially, it seems WOB had won the contract for the temporary tender. The registration of the service had been recorded as PC0001977/185.

It does make me wonder how that would've turned out.

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...ls/569053/
(18/01/2021 20:21)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  Before MP Travel declared they would be operating the X1 (Runcorn to Liverpool) commercially, it seems WOB had won the contract for the temporary tender. The registration of the service had been recorded as PC0001977/185.

It does make me wonder how that would've turned out.

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...ls/569053/

They used to operate it in the late 90’s. Presumably this time it would have been Wright Eclipse 2’s rather than step entrance midi darts

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)