Current time: 25/04/2024, 04:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
(10/06/2019 21:00)mrd97 Wrote:  Article in the Echo now about Stagecoach’s proposals. Seems to have drawn a few disgruntled responses and has only been posted for a hour or two. Apparently there is very little demand on the 22, however whenever I’ve seen it, it usually has a healthy load. If it’s rerouted and doesn’t call at Arrowe Park, will merseytravel fund a new service so West Kirby doesn’t lose its link to Arrowe Park? Or is that wishful thinking?

If you put the 22 back to its original route between West Kirby and Chester does it save a vehicle , if it doesnt save a vehicle dont change something that clearly isnt broken.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It would reduce number of buses needed from four to three.
Running via Greasby and Irby, could this make part of the 82 redundant
(10/06/2019 22:17)N271CKB Wrote:  It would reduce number of buses needed from four to three.
Running via Greasby and Irby, could this make part of the 82 redundant

Does that then have an effect on the PVR of the 38 at some point
No, the 80/82 arent interworked anymore
The apparent on going problem with the 22 is that it running times are that tight especially around Neston it is always getting back to arrowe park late for driver relief with has a knock on effect on meal breaks. Stagecoach have said with the 20 mins shunt each way, the current route can not be kept the same and improve punctuality.
Rock ferry have a 4 hours 40 minutes driving hours limit.
Also it isn't pulling a profit as that rouge has never done.

Apparently it's the same now with the 2, the profits have dropped significantly which is now making it a loss to run
(11/06/2019 06:55)Busguy12 Wrote:  The apparent on going problem with the 22 is that it running times are that tight especially around Neston it is always getting back to arrowe park late for driver relief with has a knock on effect on meal breaks. Stagecoach have said with the 20 mins shunt each way, the current route can not be kept the same and improve punctuality.
Rock ferry have a 4 hours 40 minutes driving hours limit.
Also it isn't pulling a profit as that rouge has never done.

Apparently it's the same now with the 2, the profits have dropped significantly which is now making it a loss to run

Could they not just shave the Sandbrook off the end of the route? This’ll be paid for by merseytravel I imagine, perhaps have the 17 do a loop or better still, which I think should have been done when the 18 came off, have the 38 go through the sandbrook
The stops at Magazine road / Mill road, and Port sunlight Roundabout are WELL used

I repeat WELL used on the X8 so no need to stop at Bromborough Cross apart from the

peak hour.Too many stops will turn it into a toitoise bus like the 1/2.

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
Stagecoach have put out on twitter the 2 service is unable to serve Greendale Road, Port Sunlight due to changes in the road layout. services are being diverted via New Chester Road, Boundary Road and Bebington Road
(10/06/2019 21:00)mrd97 Wrote:  Article in the Echo now about Stagecoach’s proposals. Seems to have drawn a few disgruntled responses and has only been posted for a hour or two. Apparently there is very little demand on the 22, however whenever I’ve seen it, it usually has a healthy load. If it’s rerouted and doesn’t call at Arrowe Park, will merseytravel fund a new service so West Kirby doesn’t lose its link to Arrowe Park? Or is that wishful thinking?

The echo article aso had, will no longer serve Arrowe Park Hospital or Moreton on evenings and Sundays, if they done proper research[ie looking at the timetable] they'll know the 22 doesn't operate evening & Sundays.

A lot of the passengers when i'm on the 22 are using ENCTS passes

Whether anyone likes it or not bus companies are commercial operator, & as i keep saying a route exists as it has a cash flow, local authorities can step in if they deem a route socially necessary, however given the recent austerity, it's getting harder to provide funding for such services.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(11/06/2019 11:54)MTL0201 Wrote:  The echo article aso had, will no longer serve Arrowe Park Hospital or Moreton on evenings and Sundays, if they done proper research[ie looking at the timetable] they'll know the 22 doesn't operate evening & Sundays.

A lot of the passengers when i'm on the 22 are using ENCTS passes

Whether anyone likes it or not bus companies are commercial operator, & as i keep saying a route exists as it has a cash flow, local authorities can step in if they deem a route socially necessary, however given the recent austerity, it's getting harder to provide funding for such services.

Im not disputing that at all. I wouldn’t expect Stagecoach to ever run a service that isn’t commercially viable. However you would hope the local authorities would step in to plug the gaps which are ever present today. No one can deny that austerity has taken a massive toll, but the amount of services that have been cut in the past 2/3 years I’d say is astounding. With the new metro mayor and as Wirral is part of the Liverpool city region, you would also hope this would see some improvement to bus services. Whilst it’s certainly true that if there’s no money, there’s no money, merseytravel have wasted what money they do have. It also angers me that the local authorities are advertising the ‘better by bus’ campaign - yet at the same time, are cutting services. If you can’t afford to run socially necessary services, I’m sure people would feel It’s a bit ironic.

In the meantime, if possible what should be looked at are Beechwood and Noctorum need an evening/Sunday service, Clatterbridge needs a link to Heswall, west Kirby needs a link to Arrowe park (if the 22 is rerouted) and West Kirby should also see a Sunday service to and from Heswall as it has done for decades through the 186, 86/7 and 88

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)