Current time: 28/03/2024, 20:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
(26/04/2018 22:15)Valandil Wrote:  About the new branding:
http://warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/news/ne...s%E2%80%9D

oh dear, I smell management consultancy b******t
;
"the rebrand is the start of the journey"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(27/04/2018 10:40)mikestone Wrote:  oh dear, I smell management consultancy b******t
;
"the rebrand is the start of the journey"

It also contradicts this by talking about "our journey so far" and it being the "next step in the rejuvenation"!
I find it very odd that 'Warrington's Own Buses' are being allowed to brand bus stops and shelters. What about the other independent operators? It appears to be all very biased. The Council should surely be neutral and not allow such blatant self-promotion where they are not the only operator.
(27/04/2018 13:12)CTL45 Wrote:  I find it very odd that 'Warrington's Own Buses' are being allowed to brand bus stops and shelters. What about the other independent operators? It appears to be all very biased. The Council should surely be neutral and not allow such blatant self-promotion where they are not the only operator.

That is what Warrington Council are like. If other block the roundabout as there is no space on the back wall, the council or Network Warrington are there within minutes yet somehow a blind eye is turned to the 6 Network Warrington buses sat at the back for well over 2 hours. You also have to look. I was speaking to drivers of other bus companies and they have all said if any company does anything wrong, they are told off by the council. Yet the council doesn't update the national bus and coach database except for Network Warringtons timetables nor do they update physical timetables except for Network Warrington, they don't enforce any rules against Network Warrington. All the councillors who would normally push for these sort of things to be sorted are 'owners' of Network Warrington (they own it but as soon as they get voted out etc, it is in their contract they must give up their part of the company and pass it onto whoever takes their place). It is all very corrupt.
(27/04/2018 13:59)iMarkeh Wrote:  That is what Warrington Council are like. If other block the roundabout as there is no space on the back wall, the council or Network Warrington are there within minutes yet somehow a blind eye is turned to the 6 Network Warrington buses sat at the back for well over 2 hours. You also have to look. I was speaking to drivers of other bus companies and they have all said if any company does anything wrong, they are told off by the council. Yet the council doesn't update the national bus and coach database except for Network Warringtons timetables nor do they update physical timetables except for Network Warrington, they don't enforce any rules against Network Warrington. All the councillors who would normally push for these sort of things to be sorted are 'owners' of Network Warrington (they own it but as soon as they get voted out etc, it is in their contract they must give up their part of the company and pass it onto whoever takes their place). It is all very corrupt.

Isn't Network Warrington an arms-length subsidiary of Warrington Council? If this is the case, why would the council promote a rival company? You never see Tesco's promoting Sainsbury's or any other supermarket chain. There is nothing corrupt about this practice; it's the way it used to be before deregulation.
(27/04/2018 14:20)Barney Wrote:  Isn't Network Warrington an arms-length subsidiary of Warrington Council? If this is the case, why would the council promote a rival company? You never see Tesco's promoting Sainsbury's or any other supermarket chain. There is nothing corrupt about this practice; it's the way it used to be before deregulation.

A lot has changed since deregulation regarding what publicly owned companies, in general, can and can't do.

Try comparing a publicly funded local council with the publicly funded BBC instead of non-tax payer funded supermarkets who don't have any legal obligation to provide services to the general public. The BBC are allowed to advertise their own commercial products but have to include a disclaimer that alternatives are available e.g. when they used to own Radio Times there was always an advert on BBC channels every Tuesday that "The new Radio Times is out now...." followed by "Other TV listings magazines are available."
(27/04/2018 15:46)knutstransport Wrote:  A lot has changed since deregulation regarding what publicly owned companies, in general, can and can't do.

Try comparing a publicly funded local council with the publicly funded BBC instead of non-tax payer funded supermarkets who don't have any legal obligation to provide services to the general public. The BBC are allowed to advertise their own commercial products but have to include a disclaimer that alternatives are available e.g. when they used to own Radio Times there was always an advert on BBC channels every Tuesday that "The new Radio Times is out now...." followed by "Other TV listings magazines are available."

If this is an on-going problem in Warrington, I can only assume that the TC or whoever it might/should concern isn't that bothered. Otherwise some form of litigation would result.
(27/04/2018 16:00)Barney Wrote:  If this is an on-going problem in Warrington, I can only assume that the TC or whoever it might/should concern isn't that bothered. Otherwise some form of litigation would result.

It's probably the Communities Secretary in Westminster who should be looking at any issues with Warrington Council but it seems Mr Javid's response is always say he's keeping an eye on any issues with local councils and then not take any real action.
List of Enviro200 registrations
(27/04/2018 20:58)Y474 KNF Wrote:  List of Enviro200 registrations:

201 - CH04 CAT
202 - CH06 CAT
203 - CH12 CAT
204 - CH56 CAT
205 - CH57 CAT
206 - CH58 CAT
207 - CH59 CAT
208 - CH62 CAT
209 - YX18 KTP
210 - YX18 KTT
211 - YX18 KTU
212 - YX18 KTV
213 - YX18 KUA
Have all 13 now been delivered then as I'm guessing they'll all be in service next week if they have.

User(s) browsing this thread: NathanR, 1 Guest(s)