Current time: 25/04/2024, 15:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(15/01/2017 22:04)Dentonian Wrote:  You are totally correct. This has come up before, and buses should only run off normal route if directed to do so by the emergency services (even if via. Depot Inspector etc). The only exception (as First Manchester have started to do), is if a variation is placed in the registration for alternative routes to be used to avoid traffic congestion, and where NO bus stops are missed.

So why do every week at some point inspectors tell drivers to omit Lime Street or Hanover Street in town for 1 reason or another?! They miss 2-3 bus stops as a result.... how do we get around it
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(15/01/2017 23:40)mr t Wrote:  So why do every week at some point inspectors tell drivers to omit Lime Street or Hanover Street in town for 1 reason or another?! They miss 2-3 bus stops as a result.... how do we get around it
Buses normally only omit Lime St and Queen Square when there is high traffic congestion there which could cause the knock on effect of being late arriving at there terminus in the city centre , which in turn makes you even later departing then somewhere along the line you end up having to drop nearly a full one direction trip.
Im not saying its acceptable but is it better missing 2 stops that are mainly drop off points rather than pick ups to ensure the full return journey gets operated and doesn't create more lost mileage as not all buses get diverted as they do still send some buses through to ensure if theres people waiting they get picked up.
Stagecoach's Chester timetables from 22nd January are finally available:
https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-up...:59:40:365

I will be interested to see what happens with the 51 and 53, as I can only imagine that vehicles will still do 53 -> 51 -> 53, but then due to the halving of the 51 service they won't then be able to go back onto the 51. Maybe they will just wait around for 14 minutes to go back onto the 53 again.
Ribble liveried 18156 currently being prepared for repainting, seems to be going into standard corporate livery from what I'm told.....

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Quick favour to ask regarding tomorrow (Tuesday), if anyone happens to see, or know, what purple liveried 10804 is working (and times if poss?), can they post here please? Keen to catch a shot of it before it heads to Cambridge and I finish work early afternoon, managed the other 14 :-) !

Many thanks in advance!

(16/01/2017 21:12)gka472l Wrote:  Quick favour to ask regarding tomorrow (Tuesday), if anyone happens to see, or know, what purple liveried 10804 is working (and times if poss?), can they post here please? Keen to catch a shot of it before it heads to Cambridge and I finish work early afternoon, managed the other 14 :-) !

Many thanks in advance!

Seen 10805 today. But if I see it I will let you know
(16/01/2017 21:14)PAUL2511 Wrote:  Seen 10805 today. But if I see it I will let you know

Saw 10803/5/6 myself, had a couple of hours in Liverpool with the camera after work.....no 10804, same as the other day lol!

(16/01/2017 21:21)gka472l Wrote:  Saw 10803/5/6 myself, had a couple of hours in Liverpool with the camera after work.....no 10804, same as the other day lol!

Only two I want is 10808/09 and I can't see me getting tham
(16/01/2017 21:21)gka472l Wrote:  Saw 10803/5/6 myself, had a couple of hours in Liverpool with the camera after work.....no 10804, same as the other day lol!

I've seen today 10798/10800 and 10802. I've been ride 10802 today on route2
The 17:25 service 2 from Liverpool is a Gold saloon this evening. Pretty busy too!

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)