Current time: 25/04/2024, 04:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
(02/03/2015 18:51)Barney Wrote:  I too rode on the new Enviro400s yesterday and welcomed free wifi and effective heating. One of the question marks against them is the relatively small engines that they have and it has been suggested that they will not cope the demands of a full load. The one I travelled on out of the city up Scotland Road went through the gears smoothly and showed an excellent turn of speed. Admittedly the bus was only half full but I am sure that they will be adequate for the rigours of the 52/52A.

The WiFi worked on all three of the Enviro400s that I travelled on yesterday and all were also were very warm - which for me is a very welcoming feature

Considering the engine size (6.7 litre) I think the Enviro400s cope extremely well with full loads. Green Lane's 4586, 4588 and 4593 in particular are particularly very good performers under full loads with an excellent turn of speed. I travelled on 4630 from Netherton yesterday morning and it coped with a full load without any issues at all

I have noticed also that as you come out of St Helens on the 10/10A and travel up Borough Road I found that Pulsars (particularly under a full load) struggled however the Enviro400s climb it with ease. I think the Cummins engine with ZF gearbox is an excellent combination
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot - SK15 GZG - 02/03/2015 19:24

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)