Current time: 25/04/2024, 10:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
I seen Plaxton Pointer 2 X228 ANC (2228) "dead" today on Northway in Skelmersdale; this bus had been on the 311 this morning. A lot of seats appeared to have been dismantled, so I presume that it could have been an issue with its fuel pump...? (I'm not a mechanical genius - that suggestion is a result of past experience!) Either Marshall V643 DVU (7643) or DAF/ALX400 S273 JUA (4093) replaced it - I'm 95% sure that it was the latter. Interestingly, 7643 hasn't transferred to Southport... YET! Along with that unusual sighting, 4093 on the 311, a green-themed Cadet was also on the 311. (It wasn't DK55 FXD (2519) because that was on the 53A.)

On the subject of the 311, Moss Lane in Lydiate was closed this morning and earlier this afternoon (presumably due to flooding). The diversionary route differed - my bus this morning diverted from Southport Road to Northway via Sandy Lane, Lambshear Road and Liverpool Road and my bus this afternoon diverted "directly" via Liverpool Road from Northway without serving Southport Road... Needless to say, the driver of sluggish Plaxton Pointer 2 X233 ANC (2233) this afternoon finished in Aintree on that journey (an obvious reason why the diversionary route was "direct")!

"New" Pulsar 2 MX12 KVF (3116) was on the 55 this morning. I had the pleasure of MX12 KVC (3113) on the 55 this morning - again, few rattles and squeaks meant that it offered a peaceful and pleasant ride.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot - M113 YKC - 25/09/2012 14:20

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)