Current time: 24/04/2024, 23:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
If anybody requires a person who has no sense, find the person who allocated Plaxton Pointer 2 T322 PNB (2322) onto a 311 duty this morning! This bus was absolutely terrible - it didn't manage to reach a speed over about 30-MPH. At the back, internally, a diesel-type-of-smell made me feel light-headed after a while. After driving the struggling bus through Westhead, the driver stopped the bus at Skelmersdale War Memorial and checked the back of the bus, which was black-ridden. He then told us, his passengers, that he couldn't carry-on his journey because the oil gasket had blown and the bus' engine was seizing-up.

I had Plaxton Pointer 2 X224 ANC (2224) on my 311 journey home - from Skelmersdale Bus Station to Aintree Retail Park. This bus spends most of its time on the 311 at the moment, so I was expecting it to be a smooth-running, fast bus. WRONG! The bus lost speed at every inclined road along the way, although it performed excellently (after a while!) on Northway - or "Ormskirk Bypass" if you're local to the area!

2322's replacement seemed to have been DAF/ALX400 T302 FGN (4062). And despite the sheds that I had to cope with today, Pulsar 2 MX09 LYJ (2947) was unusually among the buses that were allocated onto the 311 this morning.

Enviro400 MX09 LXJ (4427) started its day on the 52/52A today, so credit to that person who had no sense this morning!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot - M113 YKC - 06/09/2012 13:24

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)