Current time: 27/09/2024, 20:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lancashire County Council Cuts to Bus Services
RE: Lancashire County Council Cuts to Bus Services
(21/01/2016 15:09)Dentonian Wrote:  Maybe its because I have always lived in the south of Tameside, where the vast majority of bus services are fully commercial, but I'm not aware of any occasion where GMPTA/TFGMC have undertaken any "public" consultation about service cuts. Similarly, Stagecoach with commercial cuts, although I believe First DO occasional consult their passengers. I always assumed thatany consultation was very localised within the communities likely to be hit. Mind you, if look at the attendees of Bus sub committee meetings (see TFGMC website), you will notice that Tameside Member's attendance is amongst the worst in the county - no surprise, there.
Also, and I believe this follows "representations" from TFGM themselves, TFGMC do at least consider cuts/changes to Contracted services months in advance nowadays, and only "emergency" issues involving the odd service or part therof, would be left to the last minute.

By publishing the agenda's for forthcoming meetings does that mean that people can raise concerns regarding changing it cuts to subsidised services.
Or perhaps that's just it, plan and agree it all behind closed doors then force it on the actual people that reley and need the services once it's too late to do anything about it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)