Current time: 28/03/2024, 16:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D&G Bus
RE: D&G Bus
Seems D&G are changing the 108 and 109 services already!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/10/2020 13:28)knutstransport Wrote:  Seems D&G are changing the 108 and 109 services already!
I can't see any logical reason for the changes since much of it is just adding to the amount of layover. Do D&G not pay breaks so they are trying to maximise the amount of layover to make it into legal breaks so they can avoid paying drivers?
Are Aimees 165/166 commercial and they are claiming revenue extraction? I don't know, it all seems odd for them to be taking areas out and for it to then just become layover at Macc or Ashbourne.
(17/10/2020 15:19)iMarkeh Wrote:  Do D&G not pay breaks

I'm sure the job adverts I've seen for D&G say paid breaks is one of their incentives.
D&G do not pay meal breaks. They did until earlier this year when the hourly rate went up and the evening enhancement was also reduced.

(17/10/2020 16:39)knutstransport Wrote:  I'm sure the job adverts I've seen for D&G say paid breaks is one of their incentives.

Works for me
(17/10/2020 22:12)Rick Hunter Wrote:  D&G do not pay meal breaks. They did until earlier this year when the hourly rate went up and the evening enhancement was also reduced.
Do you think that could be a feasible excuse then for D&G to change times so longer breaks are given and they then don't have to pay the driver as it's down as a meal break? Or do you think (or know) there is another reason for the 108/109 changes?
I doubt the unpaid break is a reason for the timetable change. The unpaid break is up to one hour. If a duty has 2 one hour breaks then one hour is unpaid. More likely to do with punctuality. If there are traffic issues then the time at the end would be recovery time rather than a break. The usual way though is putting ridiculous amount of running time on a journey as on some trips on 88/288.

(20/10/2020 02:56)iMarkeh Wrote:  Do you think that could be a feasible excuse then for D&G to change times so longer breaks are given and they then don't have to pay the driver as it's down as a meal break? Or do you think (or know) there is another reason for the 108/109 changes?

Works for me
(20/10/2020 08:14)Rick Hunter Wrote:  I doubt the unpaid break is a reason for the timetable change. The unpaid break is up to one hour. If a duty has 2 one hour breaks then one hour is unpaid. More likely to do with punctuality. If there are traffic issues then the time at the end would be recovery time rather than a break. The usual way though is putting ridiculous amount of running time on a journey as on some trips on 88/288.
This is a lot of recovery time though. There is D&G being careful and there is this. The route has 15 minutes built in already at Macclesfield as well as 45-60 mins at Ashbourne.
Now it's going to be 25 minutes as well as 45-60 mins in Ashbourne. Like, who is paying for these buses to sit around half the day. I hope the pay is based on actual mileage (and the price isn't increased for these buses to sit around all day). Absolutely bonkers. I don't know any other bus company who is like this with timetables and routes and actively wants buses to sit around all day.
(21/10/2020 03:39)iMarkeh Wrote:  This is a lot of recovery time though. There is D&G being careful and there is this. The route has 15 minutes built in already at Macclesfield as well as 45-60 mins at Ashbourne.
Now it's going to be 25 minutes as well as 45-60 mins in Ashbourne. Like, who is paying for these buses to sit around half the day. I hope the pay is based on actual mileage (and the price isn't increased for these buses to sit around all day). Absolutely bonkers. I don't know any other bus company who is like this with timetables and routes and actively wants buses to sit around all day.

Maybe they plan to not interwork the route anymore.
(21/10/2020 07:03)Mrboo Wrote:  Maybe they plan to not interwork the route anymore.
The timetable notes show it's running through buses.
To illustrate how generous D&G timings are, yesterday afternoon the B5085 closed due to a fire with traffic having to divert out towards the end of the airport runway & Mobberley station. Knutsford bound 88 buses still managed to depart the Falcon Bearer on time.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)