Current time: 18/04/2024, 21:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rotala - Prestonbus
RE: Rotala - Prestonbus
(21/09/2019 19:32)motormayhem1 Wrote:  They operate the ormskirk to university bus , a service from southport to ormskirk , local ormskirk/town green circular and the 312/313 in skelmersdale with stratas .

Don't Preston Bus operate the 337 Ormskirk to Chorley and the 347 Southport to Chorley also?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Yes Prestonbus do currently operate 337 & 347 but these are normally operated by either standard Solos or Solo SRs, as for the Mellor Stratas the best place on seeing the Ribble Valley ones is in Blackburn as apart from Clitheroe they run from Blackburn to Longridge.
(14/10/2019 06:01)M60lad Wrote:  Yes Prestonbus do currently operate 337 & 347 but these are normally operated by either standard Solos or Solo SRs, as for the Mellor Stratas the best place on seeing the Ribble Valley ones is in Blackburn as apart from Clitheroe they run from Blackburn to Longridge.

Thank you.
The Southport to Ormskirk service (315) is run by Stagecoach, ex-Holmeswood.
I’ve noticed that one of the Citaros is parked at the back of Eccles depot with its engine cover removed
(29/10/2019 20:48)darylyates17 Wrote:  I’ve noticed that one of the Citaros is parked at the back of Eccles depot with its engine cover removed

Goodwin's do a lot of contract work over the road, Rotala vehicles are reguarly held at Eccles waiting to go over
Further changes on the Preston Bus License:

PRESTON BUS LTD
Director(s): SIMON LEE DUNN, ROBERT ANTHONY DUNN, KIM
MICHAEL TAYLOR, Matthew Rawlinson, Jack Antony Scott Dunn
221 DEEPDALE ROAD, PRESTON, PR1 6NY
Removed operating centre: Heanor Bus Depot, Heanor Gate Industrial Estate,
Heanor Gate Road, Heanor, DE75 7RJ
New operating centre: DBNW Bus Depot, Weston Street, Bolton, BL3 2SG
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 20 vehicle(s)
Increase at existing operating centre: 221 DEEPDALE ROAD, PRESTON, PR1
6NY
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 130 vehicle(s)

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(07/11/2019 20:11)T42 PVM Wrote:  Further changes on the Preston Bus License:

PRESTON BUS LTD
Director(s): SIMON LEE DUNN, ROBERT ANTHONY DUNN, KIM
MICHAEL TAYLOR, Matthew Rawlinson, Jack Antony Scott Dunn
221 DEEPDALE ROAD, PRESTON, PR1 6NY
Removed operating centre: Heanor Bus Depot, Heanor Gate Industrial Estate,
Heanor Gate Road, Heanor, DE75 7RJ
New operating centre: DBNW Bus Depot, Weston Street, Bolton, BL3 2SG
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 20 vehicle(s)
Increase at existing operating centre: 221 DEEPDALE ROAD, PRESTON, PR1
6NY
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 130 vehicle(s)

I see this as a way of keeping licences active rather than as anything more substantial, just in case its needed quickly at a later date, for what ever reason, lets not forget recently they reduced the licence at Preston, Bolton Depot is really close to capacity again now and I doubt it would take 20 more vehicles without it being a squeeze.
On the eccles depot is it Goodwin's I do get confused sometimes about the rotala and Goodwin's relationship what is it ? If anyone can clarify it cheers
There is no working relationship, other than Rotala's Diamond Bus North West bought what was Go-Goodwin's original Little Gem operation along with one depot building, vehicles and a number of routes in the Trafford area. Go-Goodwin's under another contract supply or supplied maintenance services to both Diamond Bus North West and Preston Bus, not sure if this is still the case as the Bolton depot taken over from First has quite a large workshop similar to what an old main works would have been like. Also Go-Goodwin's from time to time have loaned vehicles from their school fleet to Diamond Bus North West and Preston Bus for operation in service, in the past deckers have been loaned on subsequent weekends before Christmas for usage on service 132 Trafford Centre - Wigan which can get particularly busy on Saturdays in the run up to Christmas, Preston Bus also loaned deckers and a Dart SLF saloon has also been borrowed on a few occasions and also some Optare Solo's that are still owned by Goodwin's. That it.
Solo SR 20883 now here in a light blue version of the new livery

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)