Current time: 19/04/2024, 06:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
That is correct regarding the MMC's, that comes from a Bootle driver that is on here. 62 is the most common route for them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(15/09/2018 19:25)Barney Wrote:  It is my understanding that when depots bid for new vehicles they have to go through a bidding process and argue a business case for the vehicles for a specific route. These Streetlites are non-standard and were bought specifically for the Liverpool-Neston service so presumably that's where they should be used.

Having said that, the five Bootle MMC's bought specifically for route 55 are now operated on every Bootle route but the 55. Apparently, it's because the stop-start gizmo prevents them from keeping to a tight schedule.

What is the difference seating numbers wise between the Pulsars over the Streetlites.
Seems I spoke too soon about the lack of streetlites on the 487. They're back today (Sunday). I assume the person at Laird St responsible for vehicle allocation is back off their hols?

My recollection is that the streetlites were specifically bought for the 487. Although they're OK off peak, they do struggle for capacity at peak times (even Pulsars can be full & standing in the peaks).
2958 finally out today on 492/5 obiously they have had problems with it so keeping an eye on it???First time I have seen it out for about 3 months.Also 6002 wandering about with drivers on with 'not in service' on the front,route learning maybe?
Streetlite 6003 on the 471/472 today

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(21/09/2018 23:52)bus401 Wrote:  2958 finally out today on 492/5 obiously they have had problems with it so keeping an eye on it???First time I have seen it out for about 3 months.Also 6002 wandering about with drivers on with 'not in service' on the front,route learning maybe?

I had a ride on 2958 today it wasn’t too bad considering it’s had a lot of problems.
(24/09/2018 14:33)T42 PVM Wrote:  Streetlite 6003 on the 471/472 today

Awful allocation that. They should get them MMCs which are wasted at Bootle to compete with Stagecoach on 407/471/472 or maybe some deckers which are wasted on the 10/11 Chester. Gonna be worse now the VLWs are off.
(24/09/2018 17:19)DVG526 Wrote:  Awful allocation that. They should get them MMCs which are wasted at Bootle to compete with Stagecoach on 407/471/472 or maybe some deckers which are wasted on the 10/11 Chester. Gonna be worse now the VLWs are off.

Chesters Enviro400s are going to Rhyl and I doubt Bootle would want the Streetlites, BTW have the VLWs been withdrawn then?
(24/09/2018 17:19)DVG526 Wrote:  Awful allocation that. They should get them MMCs which are wasted at Bootle to compete with Stagecoach on 407/471/472 or maybe some deckers which are wasted on the 10/11 Chester. Gonna be worse now the VLWs are off.

The 407/471/472 are operated by hybrids to keep down the level of exhaust emissions mainly in the tunnel, which the MMCs probably won't do so much. The MMCs seem quite happy on the 62s.
(24/09/2018 18:39)darylyates17 Wrote:  Chesters Enviro400s are going to Rhyl

I think that idea has been dropped now

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)