Current time: 19/04/2024, 16:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel Timetable Changes
RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes
(23/06/2018 20:39)E208 WBG Wrote:  Is this the first 4 digit route on merseyside eg 217A cant think of any others something different

Probably right I can only think of Christmas buses 194X/195X St Helens-Prescot via St Helens and Whiston hospitals. I assume your asking for registered services that are four digits?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
245/246/247 (Huyton Circulars) from 22nd July 2018

https://merseytravel.gov.uk/getting-arou...02018).pdf

Routes 146 and 246 are combined, numbered 246, retimed and rerouted to serve Manor Farm Primary Care Centre and Huyton Industrial Estate.
Route 245: Times are changed.
Route 247: Route is revised to now serve Manor Farm Primary Care Centre and times are changed
297 (Kirkby - St Helens) from 22nd July 2018

https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/getting-...02018).pdf

The Route 290 journey from Prescot, High Street is re-numbered 297. Times are unchanged.
Main Route 297 is unchanged
26/27 (Sheil Road Circulars) from 22nd July 2018

https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/getting-...02018).pdf

Monday to Saturday daytime frequency is reduced to every 12 minutes.
Sunday service remains unchanged.
Find all posts by this user
(23/06/2018 21:49)RedPanda Wrote:  Probably right I can only think of Christmas buses 194X/195X St Helens-Prescot via St Helens and Whiston hospitals. I assume your asking for registered services that are four digits?

Hattons run a 297A in a morning coming from kirkby that serves carmel college instead of grange park.
The timetable for that trip doesn't show it as 297A though?

Wonder what happens if they have a Cadet on it with a three track number blind?

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
As a resident of the Woodchurch Estate I have to say that the recent change to the 41/42 service by addition of the 41B was NOT a good idea at all and frankly in my opinion the 41B should go, thus returning the route to the way it was before this mess of a change came in.

Sure we get 42s every hour which is a waste of time but for anybody going anywhere on prenton hall road they have to wait for this stupid 41B to go to arrowe park hospital first, then wait for it to come back
"Possibly" as a 41A.

To me as an ex bus driver myself, it further reinforces a point I made on the stagecoach chester and wirral thread that companies should quit goofing around with the routes.

Impera did that with the 39 when they operated it and ended up losing it because the traffic commission rightly stripped them of the route as they were fed up with complaints about it.

Hmm, maybe I should work for the traffic commission because I would have no qualms whatsoever about coming down like a ton of bricks on companies who mess customers around and if that meant stripping them of the route/s so be it.

Note to Stagecoach " GET RID OF THE 41B " its a pile of junk.
(24/06/2018 14:11)buses7675 Wrote:  The timetable for that trip doesn't show it as 297A though?

Wonder what happens if they have a Cadet on it with a three track number blind?

Not sure if it got reverted back as i seen the scanias and darts on there with electronic dests displaying 297A but that was about 6 months or so ago.
(24/06/2018 15:40)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Not sure if it got reverted back as i seen the scanias and darts on there with electronic dests displaying 297A but that was about 6 months or so ago.

That could be based on the amount of students coming from Kirkby if Hattons run it commercially or if its part contracted to the college.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The trip does still run as MM says, that new timetable just above mentions it (almost follows the 10 route from Prescot to St Helens) just that is it shown as 297 now.

With regard to the 217A, it has been 217A (and 227A) for Merseytravel trips on the ticket machines for the entire current timetable even before then for the Saturday Merseytravel daytime trips that ran to Kirkby Station.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(24/06/2018 15:34)508143 Wrote:  As a resident of the Woodchurch Estate I have to say that the recent change to the 41/42 service by addition of the 41B was NOT a good idea at all and frankly in my opinion the 41B should go, thus returning the route to the way it was before this mess of a change came in.

Sure we get 42s every hour which is a waste of time but for anybody going anywhere on prenton hall road they have to wait for this stupid 41B to go to arrowe park hospital first, then wait for it to come back
"Possibly" as a 41A.

To me as an ex bus driver myself, it further reinforces a point I made on the stagecoach chester and wirral thread that companies should quit goofing around with the routes.

Impera did that with the 39 when they operated it and ended up losing it because the traffic commission rightly stripped them of the route as they were fed up with complaints about it.

Hmm, maybe I should work for the traffic commission because I would have no qualms whatsoever about coming down like a ton of bricks on companies who mess customers around and if that meant stripping them of the route/s so be it.

Note to Stagecoach " GET RID OF THE 41B " its a pile of junk.

I agree, the route is an absolute shambles. It has been for some time. There’s no need for it to go to Arrowe Park, there’s no service between the hospital and Woodchurch Saturday and Sunday daytimes anyway. The timings in the evening are so tight, offering just 7 minutes to get from Mill Park to Bromborough Cross. They’ve added the 41B to save about 10 minutes off a journey so there is more time to complete a round trip. However it is very confusing and the evening services now run at odd times per hour (ie 04 and 32). The Sunday daytime service is adequate, simple timetable and should be implemented in the evenings, when a round trip can be completed easily within 2 hours.
Definitely makes me happy that I no longer do the job, I don't think I could put up with the complaints for very long without blasting into the office and practically ordering them to put the route back as it was.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)