Current time: 16/04/2024, 17:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
I would predict the one of the Walnut Street 44s could be quite easily diverted to serve the existing estate plus the new development. Bus stops with appropriate kerbs have been installed already by the developers. I would have thought something might be in place soon as most large housing estates have a bus service attached to their planning permission with the developer funding it to begin with.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/05/2019 13:46)B10B6514 Wrote:  I would predict the one of the Walnut Street 44s could be quite easily diverted to serve the existing estate plus the new development. Bus stops with appropriate kerbs have been installed already by the developers. I would have thought something might be in place soon as most large housing estates have a bus service attached to their planning permission with the developer funding it to begin with.

I am almost sure the 44 used to serve the existing housing estate at one time and exited onto Town Lane adjacent to the large Tesco. The bus stop at the end of that estate is still in-situ. Again, the lack of direct access to the Hospital may annoy people and put Arriva off.
I was thinking it could operate as a circular serving both estates, White Moss industrial estate and the hospital on the way back.
The route in the planning application shows the 300 serving Town Lane Kew, Town Lane (through the new estate) then Birkdale Cop.

I think it said about the 44 being divered from Town Lane Kew, Town Lane (partly through new estate), Wight Moss Way then continue as normal. Folkestone Road is not mentioned.
2496 is here on loan along with 2495 and 2608.
3090 was involved in a rear end shunt on Scarisbrick New Road in Southport this afternoon, whilst serving the 300 to Liverpool. The driver was taken to hospital, along with others from a car.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv...e-16498408
This re-routing of the 47 is causing a big argument as even an MP is involved now

https://www.otsnews.co.uk/formby-mp-back...VJ6nvZlaO4

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Talking about the 47, the last one tonight was operated by loan SB120/ Cadet 2496 replacing an errant Pulsar.
(05/07/2019 22:43)B10B6514 Wrote:  Talking about the 47, the last one tonight was operated by loan SB120/ Cadet 2496 replacing an errant Pulsar.

As I have posted earlier, avoiding Ince Blundell could shave 2/3 minutes off the running time but would leave a whole community without any public transport. Also, this stop is often used as a timing point for services that are running early - which they often do - as the only alternative is to drive slowly on the A565 dual carriageway between Formby and Thornton.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)