Current time: 19/04/2024, 06:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot
(29/04/2020 08:32)wirralbus Wrote:  In the long term is Arriva Chester viable or can the operations be asorbed into Wrexham and Rhyl , with relevant service alterations to prevent excessive dead mileage.
It would be Wrexham, not Rhyl. Wrexham is only about 10 mile from Mold so the Mold services would be ok. Have 1 staff bus going back and forth to Broughton Park and work out driver duties so everyone comes off together.
10/10A and the Blacons would be the biggest issue. If they put enough buffer room in, I suppose the 4/X4 could move the terminus to Chester interchange and interwork but that would be a risky move with traffic delays.
Alternatively send the 11 via Sealand Road and the 10A via Broughton. Keep interworking the 10 and 10A so drivers come off in Broughton. This then leaves only the Blacons.

If a union agreement allowing drivers to have their breaks at Chester Bus Station was allowed, it would help the situation as that is then the 10/10A and the Blacons covered (currently, if drivers had their break at the bus station, they need to be on full pay, if they return to the depot, they aren't paid breaks).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
VDL Pulsar 2645 is now at St Helens for repaint.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
4638 has been back at Chester with Pulsar 3145 now on loan to Winsford.
2645 is now back in Chester freshly repainted in the new livery by St Helen's.
VDL Cadet 2518 has gone to Rhyl depot to be repainted and freshly repainted VDL Pulsar 2664 is currently on loan to Winsford.
Does anyone know if any changes are happening to Chester depot services from the 30th August? I can see all other depots have their new timetables online except for Chester. Is this due to there being no changes or due to Arriva not putting the timetables up yet?
(21/08/2020 23:54)iMarkeh Wrote:  Does anyone know if any changes are happening to Chester depot services from the 30th August? I can see all other depots have their new timetables online except for Chester. Is this due to there being no changes or due to Arriva not putting the timetables up yet?
I think they will but where did you find their timetables please.
(21/08/2020 23:54)iMarkeh Wrote:  Does anyone know if any changes are happening to Chester depot services from the 30th August? I can see all other depots have their new timetables online except for Chester. Is this due to there being no changes or due to Arriva not putting the timetables up yet?

Ive found them now.
Interestingly only just put details out. I called it in previous threads. Shoddy work putting the stuff out last minute giving people literally 4 days notice to replan their journeys, it's no wonder parents anxiety is up the wall.

Shame to see all cross border routes from the depot are only on 1/2 frequency but it's certainly a start. Let's hope all the kids can get to school on such limited services.

Thank you to you both for commenting to alert me that the details have been put out.
How does it stand with buses and passengers crossing the border from Wales into chester etc?

A friend of mine who lives in Saltley was stopped drivibg on the way to Broughton shops and fined £1000!

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)