Current time: 16/04/2024, 08:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pavement Parking
RE: Pavement Parking
Another problem which Wirral Borough council are now actively fighting back in some areas of the Wirral is full grass verge parking , not half the car on the grass verge but all of the car , grass verge parking can over a period of time turn the grass from lush green to a quagmire of epic proportions .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
One thing that has always puzzled me about pavement parking is, strictly speaking, in general, parking on the pavement isn't an offence in itself. However, it is an offence to DRIVE on the pavement. How do they think the cars got there I wonder?
(18/01/2013 20:48)ace Wrote:  One thing that has always puzzled me about pavement parking is, strictly speaking, in general, parking on the pavement isn't an offence in itself. However, it is an offence to DRIVE on the pavement. How do they think the cars got there I wonder?

if you read law you will always be able to find loopholes , there is a lawyer in manchester that is called Mr Loophole , due to the very fact he looks at all the laws closely , unfortunately for most other people those loopholes are soon closed after he has used them.
One that amazes me with parking is people who park cars (either on road/footpath) then open the back door into the flow of traffic to get a child out of a child seat - Surely anyone with a bit of sense would do so on the pavement side, even if leaning over (though why fit the child seat on the offside anyway?) surely the safety issue is so much that is the obvious thing to do?!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Its a hard one this because some estate roads would lose there bus services if it wasnt for some form of pavement parking as the buses have to try and snake around parked cars .

I think we all know areas where this becoming a bit of a problem.

Its not much of a problem for some of the shorter wheelbased vehicles but vehicles of Pulsar and Solar lengths can often find it very tight .
Quite a few of the routes I drive are already tight for buses, it almost makes me wonder how in years gone by significantly bigger buses operated the same routes!

Even Solo M710SEs can at times seem big, yet just a few years ago an 8.8M, 2.45M wide Dart MPD was the normal small bus which seemed to fit everywhere!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)