Current time: 19/04/2024, 15:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
the First 575 does go into Old Lords Estate which Arriva's does not plus on the common route First had the advantage with First running the majority of routes in Bolton, I dont think we are seeing First pulling out of Bolton

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/02/2018 21:12)Brickmill Wrote:  Very unsavoury all round; Rentamob anarchists showing their true right wing colours, and First responding the only way they know how: Twitter.

This is the most details I've found...

https://www.rs21.org.uk/2018/02/08/manch...t-protest/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(10/02/2018 20:24)T42 PVM Wrote:  the First 575 does go into Old Lords Estate which Arriva's does not plus on the common route First had the advantage with First running the majority of routes in Bolton, I dont think we are seeing First pulling out of Bolton

I can therefore understand Arriva introducing their 576 variant to replace First route 575 journeys. Diamond joining the party is more of a surprise though.
Find all posts by this user
Bolton will surely be one of the most varied towns of its size for bus companies in the country. Bolton will have First, Stagecoach, Arriva, Transdev, Diamond, Vision, maybe still CumfyBus or even others too.
From Twitter:

"Yet another bus service is to be axed in #Moston - this time the no.88. I've met with local Councillors and raised the issue with both @FirstManchester and @OfficialTfGM - it's simply unacceptable yet another service is being cut and we'll be doing what we can to find a solution"

https://twitter.com/LucyMPowell/status/9...1733979137
(13/02/2018 15:31)JimmyMac Wrote:  From Twitter:

"Yet another bus service is to be axed in #Moston - this time the no.88. I've met with local Councillors and raised the issue with both @FirstManchester and @OfficialTfGM - it's simply unacceptable yet another service is being cut and we'll be doing what we can to find a solution"

https://twitter.com/LucyMPowell/status/9...1733979137

Interesting to see what happens in the context of 2018. I know exactly would have happened if it was 2013!
Are first cancelling the Pennine licence as every service on the Pennine licence such as the 350 has been cancelled with VOSA today, with nothing registered by First Manchester licence.

Cancellations are registered on

First Manchester Licence: 468, 63, 571, 572 & 575
Pennine Licence: 38, 39, 231, 346, 331, 338, 350, 348, 353, 387, 393 & Y16
What on earth is going on with First?
The Pennine licence has had everything removed and transferred over to the main First Manchester licence, the Pioneer services were registered on VOSA today
(14/02/2018 19:01)mikemcniven Wrote:  The Pennine licence has had everything removed and transferred over to the main First Manchester licence, the Pioneer services were registered on VOSA today

Not sure why this is appearing now as everything apparently transferred onto the main First manchester licence the weekend pioneer depot closed down. Buses used on pioneer services carried Manchester legals and ops disks.
Not sure what will happen to the Pioneer licence now, will they keep it or surrender it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)