Current time: 18/04/2024, 14:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
Was allocated to Laird Street,is it just on loan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Following successful trials at Birkenhead, it appears that Bootle is the next depot to have two-way radio equipment installed in its allocation. Many Pulsars and Enviro400's have aerials sprouting out of their roofs as do the ex-Welsh Commanders. I have no idea if the system is in operation yet but I'm sure it will be quite soon.

On another thread, someone has posted that St Helens is next in line for the fitting of such equipment.
Aren't Birkenhead and Bootle the allocated Rail replacement bus depots of choice and it then helps the depots drivers when the merseyrail service goes off the rails .
(14/11/2016 16:40)Barney Wrote:  Following successful trials at Birkenhead, it appears that Bootle is the next depot to have two-way radio equipment installed in its allocation. Many Pulsars and Enviro400's have aerials sprouting out of their roofs as do the ex-Welsh Commanders. I have no idea if the system is in operation yet but I'm sure it will be quite soon.

On another thread, someone has posted that St Helens is next in line for the fitting of such equipment.
Bootle's radios are now live.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(11/11/2016 16:08)mathias Wrote:  Ex-St Helens 4173 (LF52 URG) DB250/President decker (formerly DLP101) is now at Bootle Depot.
Easy to identify (its got an overall rear advert).
It returned to Birkenhead on Sunday.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(15/11/2016 13:02)YJ59 AZA Wrote:  It returned to Birkenhead on Sunday.
A friend of mine has reported 4173 as being on the 61 today.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
In March 2015 Bootle received 14 new Enviro400's specifically for routes 52/52A but it now appears that these vehicles are now available for any Bootle route. Consequently, Pulsars, ex-Welsh Commanders, and the occasional ex-Birkenhead 58 plate Enviro400's and ex-London Plaxtons are allocated to the 52/52A with the result that issues of overcrowding at peak times are quite common. Friends of mine who are not really interested in all things buses ask me what's going on but I am unable to give an explanation other than routes 60, 61 and 63 also need deckers especially during term time.

Speke will soon be an all-decker depot whilst SH, GL and LS will have a substantial majority. Does anyone know if Bootle is due any more deckers in the near future?
Its the same with St Helens Depot their Enviro400s were bought specificaly for 10/10A routes but it seems daily now that they turn up on 352/395 and the odd 89 duty.

Its very rare one turns up on 320 but I believe one did once and also one did turn up on 360 route once but that was only due to the fact that the Pulsar on the duty broke down.
There have been a lot of complaints about the 89s being full at school times so deckers probably better off on it, same with the 60/61/62/63s.
(25/11/2016 15:01)mr t Wrote:  There have been a lot of complaints about the 89s being full at school times so deckers probably better off on it, same with the 60/61/62/63s.
I totally agree. The half hourly 56 to Netherton is another route that needs deckers during term time. At least the short-sighted policy of bulk buying single-deck buses is a thing of the past with Arriva Merseyside.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)