Current time: 16/04/2024, 14:51 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
One of the 02-reg DLPs is on the 62 this afternoon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(27/10/2016 15:41)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  One of the 02-reg DLPs is on the 62 this afternoon
It was 4179. It worked the last 62 from Bootle to Penny Lane! That board is regularly a decker.
2507 was on 52A lates. Also, 2505 replaced a defective Pulsar on the 55 during the night.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but despite being purchased for the 52/52A routes, the 15 plate Enviro400s are regularly seeing use on the 60 and 61.

This wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing if the older Enviros were being used on the 52s, but there seem to be a lot of Pulsars being allocated on this route instead.

A bit weird if you ask me!
(28/10/2016 07:19)Phil Wrote:  I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but despite being purchased for the 52/52A routes, the 15 plate Enviro400s are regularly seeing use on the 60 and 61.

This wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing if the older Enviros were being used on the 52s, but there seem to be a lot of Pulsars being allocated on this route instead.

A bit weird if you ask me!

This because at least two of MX09 batch of vehicles are away for repaint and this takes about 2 weeks, so with there being at least seven schools on the 61 corridor the 15 plate deckers are allocated for capacity reasons.

The pulsars are normally allocated to the less busier duties and once the repaint programme for the 09 batch is finished things should revert back (fingers crossed!)
(28/10/2016 14:59)darthblakey Wrote:  This because at least two of MX09 batch of vehicles are away for repaint and this takes about 2 weeks, so with there being at least seven schools on the 61 corridor the 15 plate deckers are allocated for capacity reasons.

The pulsars are normally allocated to the less busier duties and once the repaint programme for the 09 batch is finished things should revert back (fingers crossed!)

That explains it. Thank you! :-)
(28/10/2016 14:59)darthblakey Wrote:  This because at least two of MX09 batch of vehicles are away for repaint and this takes about 2 weeks, so with there being at least seven schools on the 61 corridor the 15 plate deckers are allocated for capacity reasons.

Doubt it. The 15 reg Enviro400s have been regulars on both routes for some time.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(28/10/2016 19:59)childwallblues Wrote:  Doubt it. The 15 reg Enviro400s have been regulars on both routes for some time.

There may have been the odd 15 plate on the 60/61 and that was more to with them being in for a service in the morning (easier to put them on a route that starts in Bootle than mess around with bus exchanges).

But recently since the pause on repaints and P&P work has been lifted it's now more prevelent.

And don't forget all depots with deckers are having to use single deckers due to a lack of spare deckers until the delayed deckers ordered arrive at Speke and Green Lane.

Better to have a single decker turn up than no bus at all.
2508 replaced a Pulsar on the 55 today. Never seen one on there on a Sunday, although the odd Commander seems to be out most Sundays these days.

2663, 2923 and 3020 (which ran in this evening) were on the 52s today, maybe because of mischief night and a lot of deckers were on rails. 4624 and another 15 plate were on the 63 though.

Heard a Trojan bus was in use last night around the Maghull area wonder which type it was? My guess would be a Myllennium or Renown with both of these types now under withdrawal.
(31/10/2016 13:14)MX12CFE Wrote:  Heard a Trojan bus was in use last night around the Maghull area wonder which type it was? My guess would be a Myllennium or Renown with both of these types now under withdrawal.
I believe it was Commander 2504.

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)