Current time: 18/04/2024, 18:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
(04/10/2015 13:34)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  There is a rumour going around bus drivers in Merseyside that Arriva are putting Hawthorne Road and Canning Road up for sale and Stagecoach are interested in it. Does anybody know anything of this?

This sounds incredible beyond belief as is a similar rumour that Elvis is working in the kitchen at my local KFC. The fundamental question you need to ask yourself is: Why would Arriva do this? There does not appear be any logical reason at all unless, of course, the two main operators are positioning themselves for when bus franchising, which is now very much a possibility, becomes a reality. On the other hand, the rumour could be a load of b******s.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I was thinking the same. I also remember that Arriva said they would shut Hawthorne Road if the council wouldnt let them aqquire the land on the corner of Hawthorne Road and Linacre Lane, that was years ago though. Stagecoach have shut Chorley, and got schools from there running out of Gillmoss, so unless they know they could be aqquiring Canning Road garage???? A few things make sense but then theres a few that dont haha.
Theres a lot of gossip going around about both depots, mainly about the 2 Merging into one Depot at a new location, Best to ignore the gossip until something (if anything) happens

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(04/10/2015 19:59)T42 PVM Wrote:  Theres a lot of gossip going around about both depots, mainly about the 2 Merging into one Depot at a new location, Best to ignore the gossip until something (if anything) happens

It is true that both Bootle and Canning Road depots are not fit for purpose but the likelihood of Arriva building a new depot to house Bootle and Southport operations is ridiculous. The two depots are the best part of twenty miles apart and, aside from the amount of dead mileage that a merger would entail, retaining staff would be nigh impossible. I wonder how many of Skem's staff are still employed by Arriva?
2916 has just departed Sir Thomas Street on a 52A. Full standing load.

Disappointing!
(06/10/2015 18:24)Phil Wrote:  2916 has just departed Sir Thomas Street on a 52A. Full standing load.

Disappointing!
2664 and 2943 were following each-other on there yesterday. 2944 was also on them today.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
(06/10/2015 21:18)YJ59 AZA Wrote:  2664 and 2943 were following each-other on there yesterday. 2944 was also on them today.

Hasn't Bootle lost two of the new Enviro400s (4621-2)? This and the fact that the 63 now seems to be permanently double-deck operated means that Bootle does not have any spare deckers. When one (or three) fail, Pulsars are drafted in. This is not a very satisfactory situation but inevitable.
4621 is now at St Helens yes

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(07/10/2015 10:04)T42 PVM Wrote:  4621 is now at St Helens yes

4621 at St Helens along with either 4412 or 4414, can't remember which, whilst 4622 is now at Green Lane along with one of the two older ones mentioned.
(07/10/2015 10:38)MPTE1955 Wrote:  4621 at St Helens along with either 4412 or 4414, can't remember which, whilst 4622 is now at Green Lane along with one of the two older ones mentioned.

Correct!
The older one is 4412 (CX58 GAA).....
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/21332856468/
(Photo Credit; DMC1947)

Whereas 4414 (CX58 GAU) is the SH one....
https://www.flickr.com/photos/fulton2014/21355025120/
(Photo Credit; fulton2014)

4414 is unique in that its got a rear scrolling destination display.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)