Current time: 19/04/2024, 09:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
Sunday service on the 310 and 345 from the 30th August!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2922 has now been repainted.

Speke's 2603 is on the 54! 4413 is on the 52s. 2704 was parked at the front of the depot with an NFS poster on its windscreen at about midday.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(04/08/2015 10:43)mr t Wrote:  Sunday service on the 310 and 345 from the 30th August!

I wonder if this is a response to the withdrawal of the tendered Mersytravel services 210/250 in April? Whatever the reason, I am sure that local residents, particularly Reds and Blues, will be delighted with so many games now being played on Sundays assuming of course that the last departure from Queen Square is after 6pm.
(05/08/2015 20:43)Barney Wrote:  I wonder if this is a response to the withdrawal of the tendered Mersytravel services 210/250 in April? Whatever the reason, I am sure that local residents, particularly Reds and Blues, will be delighted with so many games now being played on Sundays assuming of course that the last departure from Queen Square is after 6pm.

The 210/250 were replaced by the 30/30A but the 30 is such a long route going from Maghull via Nertherton Aintree Black bull and Kirkdale and the buses used on it are small Optare Solos one i was on was packed when it left Netherton so much so the driver said it would be quicker to get to Liverpool by alighting at the Black bull and jump a 20/21 or 300 so i think people travelling by bus from Maghull to Liverpool on sundays would be more inclined to use the 310 its also another means of getting to Ormskirk instead of the train.
(06/08/2015 06:24)MX12CFE Wrote:  The 210/250 were replaced by the 30/30A but the 30 is such a long route going from Maghull via Nertherton Aintree Black bull and Kirkdale and the buses used on it are small Optare Solos one i was on was packed when it left Netherton so much so the driver said it would be quicker to get to Liverpool by alighting at the Black bull and jump a 20/21 or 300 so i think people travelling by bus from Maghull to Liverpool on sundays would be more inclined to use the 310 its also another means of getting to Ormskirk instead of the train.

Just a thought. If Bootle were to introduce a Sunday day-time 58 service it would effectively make the Merseytravel 30/30A routes redundant as most of these routes would then be covered by Arriva commercial services 52, 54, 55, 58, 300, 310, 345. As route franchising is now on the national agenda, it would do Arriva no harm to position itself for this scenario as well as making its weekly/monthly tickets even more attractive.
2919 is another pulsar that has been repainted

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
They still have 2517 to do along with 4424/5,7-32/34 to do as well so hopEfully they will get done after the remaining pulsars as well. Wonder how long 4426 will be in Zoe's Place livery.
(06/08/2015 13:40)MPTE1955 Wrote:  They still have 2517 to do along with 4424/5,7-32/34 to do as well so hopEfully they will get done after the remaining pulsars as well. Wonder how long 4426 will be in Zoe's Place livery.

All the Enviro400s that came from Laird Street are far from clean,most of them are worse than the native batch of Enviro400s with faded and worn upholstery,4424 etc are in much better shape inside and out
(06/08/2015 13:48)FC Pictures Wrote:  All the Enviro400s that came from Laird Street are far from clean,most of them are worse than the native batch of Enviro400s with faded and worn upholstery,4424 etc are in much better shape inside and out

I was thinking of the buses that still need to be actually painted in new livery not ones already in it that need repainting. The ex LS ones could certainly do with a tidy up and some new seat cushions.
2942 is on the 52s today.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)