Current time: 20/04/2024, 09:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
The new 52 timetable is now available. As expected the 52 evening service is withdrawn but the 52A is now every 20 minutes. What I find astonishing is that the last 52A from Liverpool is 23·09!! Whenever I have been out in the city centre, since the withdrawal of the night bus 55N, I have got the last 52A at 23·50 which is invariably standing room only. I understand that Arriva are in the business to make money, but clearly somebody in the back office doesn't have a grasp of the situation. I read Arriva's latest publication today and there is a short article about the importance of pensioners tapping in their smart cards so tbat Arriva can be reimbursed. What Arriva clearly doesn't see is the fact that many late evening travellers use Arriva's own weekly or monthly passes or Saveaways, none of which are recorded by their all-singing, all-dancing ticket machines. It seems to me that Arriva are very keen to claim money from Merseytravel but not so keen to provide an after-hours service for those who have paid for their Arriva contracts.

I think that the recent loss of the late 47 is another example of Arriva's decision to cut services and maximise profits.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(10/07/2014 19:57)Barney Wrote:  The new 52 timetable is now available.
I did mention this above, but never mind!
(10/07/2014 19:57)Barney Wrote:  What I find astonishing is that the last 52A from Liverpool is 23·09!!
According to the Merseytravel one that I put the link for in my post, the last one is at 23:39...!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(10/07/2014 20:12)KU02 YUH Wrote:  I did mention this above, but never mind!
According to the Merseytravel one that I put the link for in my post, the last one is at 23:39...!

The last 52A is a short journey to Bootle depot. From my experience most passengers travel beyond that point. It's another 4 miles to Netherton. If you know the area, the 55 takes a very different route to Old Roan station and therefore is not an alternative for those wanting to travel to Netherton.
(10/07/2014 20:30)Barney Wrote:  The last 52A is a short journey to Bootle depot. From my experience most passengers travel beyond that point. It's another 4 miles to Netherton. If you know the area, the 55 takes a very different route to Old Roan station and therefore is not an alternative for those wanting to travel to Netherton.
You're reading it the wrong way around... Hammer

If you're not, the last 52 from Netherton towards Liverpool has been a short to the depot at about 23:25 for as long as I can remember!

(10/07/2014 21:04)KU02 YUH Wrote:  You're reading it the wrong way around... Hammer

If you're not, the last 52 from Netherton towards Liverpool has been a short to the depot at about 23:25 for as long as I can remember!

Indeed, the last 52A leaves Liverpool ONE at 2339 and continues to Netherton
Does anyone know if 4432 is running today and what route its on thanks
(14/07/2014 09:52)Gillmoss 0324 Wrote:  Does anyone know if 4432 is running today and what route its on thanks

Edit just boarded it on the 60 ;-)
2218 is on a late 52/52A board tonight!

Unusually a Gemini is on the 62. Pretty certain it is 4214 (if not it's 4208)
4411 was on 52 today, not really unusual though, as for the gem on 62, well deckers on there are few and far between.

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)