Current time: 16/04/2024, 22:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
(17/03/2014 14:47)mathias Wrote:  OK thanks for that. Hope everything turned out well.

Bring 2724 back anytime you like, and in exchange you can drive back 'ultra-rare' and 'ultra-desirable' DLA decker 4097.
Deal?
LOL

We've got 5 of those at Southport already, which is more than enough! Haha.

Visit my Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevin_rowe/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
4413 is on the 53A
Anybody hear about the crash involving two buses and a car on Stanley Road today, between Linacre Lane and Marsh Lane, looked like the car had just pulled out from a layby straight in front of bus. Not certain whether the bus was a Bootle or Southport as couldn't tell what it was from where I was as Dests turned off. Other bus was certainly a Bootle one as was showing 62, that one may not have hit anything as might have just went inside the crashed bus. Anyway, must have been serious enough as police closed the road. Bus went into drivers side of car, bus didn't look too damaged but couldn't see near side corner. Hopefully everybody involved is ok.
7674 is quite unusually have a day out on 53/A today.
(20/03/2014 20:06)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Anybody hear about the crash involving two buses and a car on Stanley Road today, between Linacre Lane and Marsh Lane, looked like the car had just pulled out from a layby straight in front of bus. Not certain whether the bus was a Bootle or Southport as couldn't tell what it was from where I was as Dests turned off. Other bus was certainly a Bootle one as was showing 62, that one may not have hit anything as might have just went inside the crashed bus. Anyway, must have been serious enough as police closed the road. Bus went into drivers side of car, bus didn't look too damaged but couldn't see near side corner. Hopefully everybody involved is ok.

The bus that was damaged was a '///\Southport Links'-branded Interurban Pulsar2, 3080 (MX61 AWN) on 47-LIVERPOOL route. I think it may have been in collision with a newish red Volkswagen Passat estate. Either way, the damage (to the bus) was minor with scuffing around the nearside headlamp surrounds and front wing.

The Bootle bus was 2924 (CX58 FZF) on 62-PENNY LANE, think the driver may have possibly been a witness. Thankfully nobody seemed to have been injured and the road was soon re-opened.

Mansfield Recovery took away the Passat, and Johnson's took away the Interurban Southport Pulsar with their maroon ERF B-series recovery truck (BHD 979V).

Hope this helps.
(21/03/2014 13:59)mathias Wrote:  The bus that was damaged was a '///\Southport Links'-branded Interurban Pulsar2, 3080 (MX61 AWN) on 47-LIVERPOOL route. I think it may have been in collision with a newish red Volkswagen Passat estate. Either way, the damage (to the bus) was minor with scuffing around the nearside headlamp surrounds and front wing.

The Bootle bus was 2924 (CX58 FZF) on 62-PENNY LANE, think the driver may have possibly been a witness. Thankfully nobody seemed to have been injured and the road was soon re-opened.

Mansfield Recovery took away the Passat, and Johnson's took away the Interurban Southport Pulsar with their maroon ERF B-series recovery truck (BHD 979V).

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that, I seen the red car, looked like something smaller than a passat but anyway don't matter. Looked like probably the car had pulled out in front of the bus. Certainly road was still shut at 5p.m as my 16.59 61 had to go Marsh Lane and Hawthorne Road, would say the incident occurred at around 15.30-16.00
(21/03/2014 14:24)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Thanks for that, I seen the red car, looked like something smaller than a passat but anyway don't matter. Looked like probably the car had pulled out in front of the bus. Certainly road was still shut at 5p.m as my 16.59 61 had to go Marsh Lane and Hawthorne Road, would say the incident occurred at around 15.30-16.00

Aye, you're right.
With regards to the bus, the fact that Johnson's of Banks towed away the Pulsar probably proves that it will be repaired in-house at Canning Road.
I can't really imagine it going to the St Helens Bodyshop for such minor damage.
(21/03/2014 13:38)MPTE1955 Wrote:  7674 is quite unusually have a day out on 53/A today.
2218 was also on the 53A this morning!
(21/03/2014 13:59)mathias Wrote:  The Bootle bus was 2924 (CX58 FZF) on 62-PENNY LANE, think the driver may have possibly been a witness.
2924 was on the 52/52A today, so it mustn't have sustained serious damage (if any)!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I had 2232 on the evening 345 journey to Skelmersdale from Liverpool today. Whilst on the motorway, the back window went from clear to black and there were strong fumes inside. I did notify the driver, who was aware - just hope that he managed to get it back to the depot after finishing in Skelmersdale Bus Station (if he even got that far)!

2519 has been repainted and is sat in Bootle Depot awaiting use!

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)