Current time: 28/03/2024, 10:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
Marshall 7669 on the 61s this morning
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Had pulsar 2942 MX09LYC on first 311 from maghull to ormskirk this morning it has recieved the p&p treatment and looks very smart indeed new blue block seat cushions repainted seat backs and repaint in new livery compared it to its unrefurbished sister 2943 MX09LYD which was parked in ormskirk bus station waiting to go on a 311 to liverpool wish id had my camera would have made a nice photo the two of them together.
(16/12/2013 07:06)MX12CFE Wrote:  Had pulsar 2942 MX09LYC on first 311 from maghull to ormskirk this morning it has recieved the p&p treatment and looks very smart indeed new blue block seat cushions repainted seat backs and repaint in new livery compared it to its unrefurbished sister 2943 MX09LYD which was parked in ormskirk bus station waiting to go on a 311 to liverpool wish id had my camera would have made a nice photo the two of them together.

It was reported last week that 2942 had been p&p'd.
It has been reported that Aber Pulsars 2660-2666 will be heading to Bootle via Bangor this coming Saturday. Nice return to Liverpool for 2663-2666 which were new to GL.

Credit to Paul on the ANW&W Yahoo page

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
Has anybody seen a Bootle marshall this week as I haven't caught sight of one anywhere and wondering if these have now also been withdrawn, if they have these pulsars will be their replacements.
(18/12/2013 20:53)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Has anybody seen a Bootle marshall this week as I haven't caught sight of one anywhere and wondering if these have now also been withdrawn, if they have these pulsars will be their replacements.

Interurban 7669 (V669 DVU) was on the 54-MANN ISLAND Tuesday.
Managed to get a ride, awful rattlebox with clinking noises coming from the rear suspension, rattley grab poles, chilly draughts, jolting gearchanges, noisy engine (sounds like a manic hairdryer) and window panes that visibly quiver when a pothole is hit.

From a passenger point of view, Pulsars are a million times better with their solid rattle-free build quality, quieter engines, smoother ride, wider interior and increased stability. Granted, they tend to hyper-rev a lot, but they're much more pleasant than a clapped-out Dart.

These newer buses can't come soon enough (in my opinion).
Not sure about pulsars being solidly built and rattle free but they are certainly better than marshalls.
(19/12/2013 16:18)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Not sure about pulsars being solidly built and rattle free but they are certainly better than marshalls.

Marshalls have always been cheap and nasty buses with terrible rattles.
I remember when MTL first bought them, they were EVEN WORST than they are now! Apparently, Arriva discovered that the bench seats shook too much, so they fitted a metal bracket between the seat and body. This has had limited success though, because they still shake, rattle and roll excessively.

By the way, repaired Interurban fire victim 7674 (V674 DVU) is out on route 61 today.
Today really could be the last time you get to ride an ex-MTL bus that's still in service with Arriva.
7659 is out on the 61 today as well as 7674
7669 is out on 58 as well, so must have just missed them,.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)