Current time: 29/03/2024, 06:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
Just remembered days after I seen it, 7674 appeared to have some issues, I seen it parked in Bootle's car park from the top deck of my 61 on Monday with its engine cover open, haven't got the bus since then so don't know whether or not its moved or been back in service. Haven't seen 7633 for ages, wonder if that has bitten the dust, anybody seen that one recently.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/08/2013 07:00)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Haven't seen 7633 for ages, wonder if that has bitten the dust, anybody seen that one recently.
I haven't seen that one for some time now!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
3118, 3119 and 3121 have now been returned from Southport off loan for the flower show.

7617 is in Bootle's yard minus its' engine and gearbox so safely withdrawn now.
I think that cadet 2517 has had a different engine put in it as sounded nothing like a cadet when I seen it earlier, however it is certainly not out of 7617.
sounded normal last week and surly it has to be the same engine
Andy it didn't sound like a normal cadet to my ears, it sounded more similar to one of Green Lanes noisy BLE's, 2716 springs to mind.
The engine on the Cadets gets a heck of a lot rougher and more 'gruff' sounding when the cooling fans are on full blast and it does sound similar to the cooling fans being on, on the B10s (as they are on quite a number). Could just have been as simple as that!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
No trust me, it sounded very different, it didn't sound rough it just sounded exactly like 2716, it sounded nothing like a cadet.
(22/08/2013 17:09)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Andy it didn't sound like a normal cadet to my ears, it sounded more similar to one of Green Lanes noisy BLE's, 2716 springs to mind.

Interesting. Will have to try and catch up with it and hear what it sounds like. Most of these VDL bins sound like they have a sore throat. Very groggy
prob just the fans on full MPTE1955

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)