Current time: 16/04/2024, 09:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
There was a bus fire yesterday morning on Queens Drive, in its engine compartment in the Echo today....not seen anything in the depot threads, and I am only assuming it is Bootle as the other depots are in the wrong direction, and there are always quite a few ex 60/61s returning dead from Aigburth around 10am when it happend...any ideas which one it was
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(01/06/2013 14:05)mr t Wrote:  There was a bus fire yesterday morning on Queens Drive, in its engine compartment in the Echo today....not seen anything in the depot threads, and I am only assuming it is Bootle as the other depots are in the wrong direction, and there are always quite a few ex 60/61s returning dead from Aigburth around 10am when it happend...any ideas which one it was

Could have been an 81 from Speke as well.
Quite an unusual sight since the former cross river Enviro400's arrived was DLA 4028 on the 60 this morning. First time that I have seen one grace that service since they arrived.
Cadets 2518 and 2638 had unusual days yesterday - the former was on the 52/52A and the latter was on the 58! Also on the 52/52A was "DLA" 4026, with Enviro400 4415 continuing the regular Enviro400 appearances on the services. On the subject of Enviro400s, 4420 was being shunted back into Bootle depot at about 13:30 yesterday. Whilst all of the other ex-Birkenhead 'deckers have had their "crossriver express" branding removed more-or-less tidily, I noticed that the job that's been done to 4420 is poor and it remains as distinctive ghost branding...!

Marshall-wise, it appears that fire-damaged 7674 is still in its resident garage-area in the depot and is missing a bit of its back-end; if I was to make my own judgement, I'd say that it looks like it's had work done to it compared to what it was like when I last seen it! Furthermore, it appears that old-liveried 7662 has had an MOT as it features shiny wheel-trims - I couldn't identify which Marshall it was for sure, however I've seen 7663 and 7667 on the road whilst this ancient-looking Marshall has had a renewed MOT, which leaves the third Bootle-based old-coloured Marshall, 7662 (unless it's a visitor from elsewhere), unaccounted for. I wonder if there aren't plans for Bootle's Marshalls to depart the fleet in the foreseeable future, taking into consideration that Bootle have had a large amount of new buses recently which have replaced older (and, in some cases, better!) buses...

Finally, I rode on ex-Wrexham-based Pulsar 2911 on the 52 yesterday. I must say that, likewise with 2910, it was in a pretty-much tidy condition and it was quite a smooth runner, free of any mad rattles. Overall, I'm impressed with both former Wrexham Pulsars at the moment, although disappointed that those which went to Birkenhead were treated to cosmetic maintenance and Bootle's weren't... I've found that some of Bootle's older Pulsars and Pulsar 2s have really deteriorated in quality recently - 2916 (dreadful differential sounds and noises from underneath) and 2919 (engine sounding like it may be expiring [ticking-over poorly] - like 2918 was, however that seems to have had some maintenance as it sounds less hyperactive at the moment!) being two of the worst that I've been on.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Cadet 2517 is unusually on the 52/52A today!

(04/06/2013 00:19)KU02 YUH Wrote:  On the subject of Enviro400s, 4420 was being shunted back into Bootle depot at about 13:30 yesterday. Whilst all of the other ex-Birkenhead 'deckers have had their "crossriver express" branding removed more-or-less tidily, I noticed that the job that's been done to 4420 is poor and it remains as distinctive ghost branding...!

I would imagine that its down to the engineers at Bootle removing the branding on this one as most of the others seemed to pass through the body shop at St Helens to have theirs removed and I seem to remember this moved here direct from Laird St.
(04/06/2013 18:35)LJ51DCX Wrote:  
(04/06/2013 00:19)KU02 YUH Wrote:  On the subject of Enviro400s, 4420 was being shunted back into Bootle depot at about 13:30 yesterday. Whilst all of the other ex-Birkenhead 'deckers have had their "crossriver express" branding removed more-or-less tidily, I noticed that the job that's been done to 4420 is poor and it remains as distinctive ghost branding...!
I would imagine that its down to the engineers at Bootle removing the branding on this one as most of the others seemed to pass through the body shop at St Helens to have theirs removed and I seem to remember this moved here direct from Laird St.
That sounds about right to me!

(04/06/2013 00:19)KU02 YUH Wrote:  Finally, I rode on ex-Wrexham-based Pulsar 2911 on the 52 yesterday. I must say that, likewise with 2910, it was in a pretty-much tidy condition and it was quite a smooth runner, free of any mad rattles. Overall, I'm impressed with both former Wrexham Pulsars at the moment, although disappointed that those which went to Birkenhead were treated to cosmetic maintenance and Bootle's weren't... I've found that some of Bootle's older Pulsars and Pulsar 2s have really deteriorated in quality recently - 2916 (dreadful differential sounds and noises from underneath)

2911 (CX58 EXB) still has a yellow-red 'w' sticker at the top of its windscreen (Wrexham?)
2916 (CX58 EXH) is definitely the loudest of Bootle's Pulsars, and 2922 (CX58 FZC) has developed bad hyper-revving problems recently.

By the way, I remember (about two months' ago) you posted something about the disappearance of 2926 (CX58 FZH) from the fleet, and I STILL haven't seen this bus on the road!
DVLA say its still taxed, anyone know where it might be??
i don't think 4420 branding has been removed at all seen it this morning going towards netherton still carrying cross river branding all over it
(05/06/2013 15:26)mathias Wrote:  By the way, I remember (about two months' ago) you posted something about the disappearance of 2926 (CX58 FZH) from the fleet, and I STILL haven't seen this bus on the road!
DVLA say its still taxed, anyone know where it might be??
I agree! I've been looking out for it for some time now and I haven't seen it anywhere!

Cadet 2519 seemed to have failed, IRONICALLY, outside the old Skelmersdale Arriva depot this afternoon (on the 311 route)! It got going again under its own power as I seen the engineering van following it towards the motorway.

(05/06/2013 17:15)Harryn9000 Wrote:  i don't think 4420 branding has been removed at all seen it this morning going towards netherton still carrying cross river branding all over it
The cab-side branding was (partially...!) removed when I seen it a few days ago.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)