Current time: 18/04/2024, 23:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
(21/03/2013 20:51)CX54 DKD Wrote:  I should imagine the idea behind trying to preserve engine life would be to reduce the need to replace parts.....

As an aside, it's hardly going to be high up on a list of priorities as something to correct if the vehicles are fit for service. It's not like they can't maintain a timetable so it's not particularly an issue for passengers either.
Actually, slow Pulsars do tend to be a few minutes late on the 311 as there are a few hills to climb (some of which are so steep that they just won't go over 20-MPH from start - including a small stretch on a 60-MPH road) and, in addition to all of the stopping and starting that the 311 tends to do, it does have an effect. In MY opinion, it's silly of Bootle to put such poor buses on such a service with so many hills and high-speed roads (however I'd rather a Pulsar from a passenger's perspective over a typical knackered Dart).

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Pulsars 2929 & 2946 successively on the 60 this morning, still quite unusual to find pulsars on this route on a weekday daytime, although one or two are creeping on lately.
Find all posts by this user
Dart 2235 made an appearance on 53A this afternoon, this is really quite rare for a dart on this now, seen it leaving Bootle Strand at 4.30 absolutely packed.
(26/03/2013 20:00)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Dart 2235 made an appearance on 53A this afternoon, this is really quite rare for a dart on this now, seen it leaving Bootle Strand at 4.30 absolutely packed.
That's really sad for passengers who were expecting a passenger-worthy bus... Managed to photograph it in Queen Square Bus Station, where it left packed:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/michael2770...otostream/

Before 2235 was Marshall V633 DVU (7633) on the 53, which also left packed:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/michael2770...otostream/

Looks like Bootle have started to receive some of Laird Streets enviro 400's, seen 2 sitting in Bootle's yard from the top deck of the 61 this afternoon.
(02/04/2013 17:58)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Looks like Bootle have started to receive some of Laird Streets enviro 400's, seen 2 sitting in Bootle's yard from the top deck of the 61 this afternoon.
I wonder why some of Bootle's expected Enviro400s have gone to St Helens...
(01/04/2013 07:42)motormayhem Wrote:  4417/18/19 have now shown up round the back of st helens depot

(02/04/2013 20:09)3111 Wrote:  
(02/04/2013 17:58)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Looks like Bootle have started to receive some of Laird Streets enviro 400's, seen 2 sitting in Bootle's yard from the top deck of the 61 this afternoon.
(01/04/2013 07:42)motormayhem Wrote:  4417/18/19 have now shown up round the back of st helens depot

Repaint/refurb perhaps?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(02/04/2013 20:14)gka472l Wrote:  
(02/04/2013 20:09)3111 Wrote:  
Repaint/refurb perhaps?
I wouldn't have thought that they'd have such work because they're already in the new livery and they're still young buses. Also, two have already been reported as being at Bootle depot.

Maybe, "4417/4418/4419" is a mistake and "motormayhem" means 4407/4408/4409.

Need a refresh seeing as they have branding so most prob tidy up external and refurb inside
A few more ex-LS Trident/Enviro400 deckers have arrived today.
Couldn't get close enough to check the fleetnumbers, but -needless to say- they STILL have the white 'CROSSRIVEREXPRESS' branding (with yellow top arc) along their flanks and across their upper deck screens.

It's amazing to think it's taken over five months for them to finally get here after numerous promises from management.
Today could be the last day for those Daf-Lowfloor-Alexanders then?
Get your last rides while there's still timeWink

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)