Current time: 18/04/2024, 09:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
So long as they are polite and friendly, arrive on time and assist you with enquiries such as tickets and times would "just interested in picking up their pay packet" be a bad thing?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Heard on facebook that arriva are cosidering pulling off the routes that serve maghull ormskirk and skem ie 311 345 and 350 can anyone shed any light on this?
Seen the still relatively unusual sight of 4074 on the 62 this afternoon
(28/11/2012 15:27)MX12CFE Wrote:  Heard on facebook that arriva are cosidering pulling off the routes that serve maghull ormskirk and skem ie 311 345 and 350 can anyone shed any light on this?
wouldn't surprise me the amount of buses that have broken down on them routes
(28/11/2012 15:57)Harryn9000 Wrote:  
(28/11/2012 15:27)MX12CFE Wrote:  Heard on facebook that arriva are cosidering pulling off the routes that serve maghull ormskirk and skem ie 311 345 and 350 can anyone shed any light on this?

You must be joking? Really? Routes dont just get withdrawn because buses breakdown on them! You change the allocation if its such a big issue but you dont just withdraw routes that in some way shape or form contribute to Arrivas income because a few buses breaking down on them!

RIP 96 - YNWA

Darts broke down all the time on the 6 to Warrington. Instead of withdrawing the route they moved the ex Speke Renowns and some Commanders onto there. The route would only be withdrawn due to low profits which from my observations (the 350 in particular) is true.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
(28/11/2012 17:28)V671 DVU Wrote:  
Darts broke down all the time on the 6 to Warrington. Instead of withdrawing the route they moved the ex Speke Renowns and some Commanders onto there. The route would only be withdrawn due to low profits which from my observations (the 350 in particular) is true.
(28/11/2012 17:24)K853 MTJ Wrote:  
You must be joking? Really? Routes dont just get withdrawn because buses breakdown on them! You change the allocation if its such a big issue but you dont just withdraw routes that in some way shape or form contribute to Arrivas income because a few buses breaking down on them!
Bootle, as a depot, have been on thin ice recently. The land problems haven't been sorted-out yet. Apparently, they're awaiting a decision regarding a grant to purchase the land beside them and, if that plan fails, the 20-ish buses that are currently being parked in the carpark will have to leave Bootle - consequently, with a service or two. I did hear that Arriva wouldn't have continued to run the services if Bootle closed because of the lack of profits that they make, which would be affected if they were ran out of a depot that was based further away from their routes. I've also heard that the 210/250 [and even the 130!] are back in the hands of Arriva...! We'll have to wait and see.

Regarding the buses that go onto the services, they've been putting Pulsars on them where possible - however, on the other hand, they've continued to put some of the worst buses on them... I had Marshall V633 DVU (7633) on there yesterday, from Skelmersdale to Aintree, and that was, quite frankly, a ride from hell!

Pulsar 2 MX12 KWY (3109) is unusually on the 56/56A this evening.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

If Arriva Considered this I don't think many passengers would be pleased by this specially around the Ormskirk corridor. As much as after Old Roan and Aintree some bus routes (311) can be quite empty so it could be a slim chance of a possibility specially with the problems regarding Bootle Depot and the Fact Skelmersdale Depot shut a while back. Never know maybe another company might take on the routes but I think it's best I wait and see before I assume.

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
People using the 60 this afternoon had the joys of 7633, passed it on Queens Drive in my car.
Seen what looked like a newer pulsar 2 on the 60 this afternoon, couldnt quite I.d as was driving, if it wasnt that it was the pulsar 2 that recently returned after its accident with cumfybus. Very Very rare to see a pulsar on this service during a weekday daytime.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)