Current time: 16/04/2024, 10:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
Thanks for that Michael! :-)

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/06/2012 21:16)CX54 DKD Wrote:  Thanks for that Michael! :-)
No problem! I'm surprised that it's not back in service yet, however the damage must have been very serious (well, judging by a photo of it damaged, it was!). It was crashed into at the beginning of April and it's now June! If it's still being worked on, I should expect that it'll be among the last buses to be worked on within the ex-Liverline facility.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
It was still on the body repair jig when i was last in the bodyshop a few weeks back
There was an "Interurban" Pulsar 2 in one of the garaged areas today. It looked freshly repainted and it didn't feature a back-end advertisement frame, so I personally think that it's MX59 FFW (3018). Bootle, as a depot, have repainted their own buses themselves in the past. More to the point, Bootle's only two "Interurban" Pulsars 2s, MX59 JJO (3027) and MX59 JJU (3028), were out on the 62 and the 52/52A respectively.

Enviro400 MX09 LXE (4423) was out on the 53 this afternoon and it was on a 53A this evening.

We've had no Pulsars down here at Jackson Street to be done so it likely has been done up there!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(12/06/2012 21:32)27701 Wrote:  There was an "Interurban" Pulsar 2 in one of the garaged areas today. It looked freshly repainted and it didn't feature a back-end advertisement frame, so I personally think that it's MX59 FFW (3018). Bootle, as a depot, have repainted their own buses themselves in the past. More to the point, Bootle's only two "Interurban" Pulsars 2s, MX59 JJO (3027) and MX59 JJU (3028), were out on the 62 and the 52/52A respectively.
Furthermore, both 3027 and 3028 featured back-end advertisements when I seen them!

(12/06/2012 21:34)CX54 DKD Wrote:  We've had no Pulsars down here at Jackson Street to be done so it likely has been done up there!
Bootle used to do repaints for themselves when the paint-shop within the ex-Liverline facility was full (and, apparently, they always did a worse job than them, despite them spending longer repainting them!). Maybe, with "Liverline" closing very soon, Bootle have took 3018 off them after major issues have been completed and have repaired it themselves, and saw it better just to repaint it there... Huh

If I have time tomorrow, I'll go and have a nosey at the gates! Smile

It is possible it was done in the bodyshop. Last time I had chance to nosey in the bodyshop, it was empty bar 2 buses.
In the bodyshop, if for example a new bumper or skirt panel, or even front or rear end has been fitted by them but the rest of the bus is ok, one of the bodyshop guys repaints that particular part himself. It wouldn't be completely out of the question to think that rather than sending it to SH that on of their workers has done the repaint himself or a painter from SH came over to Liverline to do it there as theres more room due to there being less buses here now.
Just my take on things!
Pulsar 2 MX59 FFW (3018) is now "Interurban"! I was speaking to a fitter outside the depot and he told me that it was going for its MOT today. Hopefully it'll be back out in service again very soon! (Attached is a photo of 3018 - it's not the best though!) Smile

Pulsar CX58 FZG (2925) was back out today on the 52/52A, ALX200 X264 OBN (2264) was out on the 311 and Cadet DK55 FXD (2519) was out on the 345, AGAIN!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Coming home this evening on the 68, when on Derby Road going towards Bootle were 2226 on the 60 and 4426 on the 68, surely this should be the other way round.

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)